I AM REFORMER
I am Reformer is a project in which we have a vision to bring green revolution in our society.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Act for Biodiversity Challenge and that I am eligible to apply.
I am 18 years old or older.
Here in this image students from a school got awareness and after that they have planted trees in their school premises. This activity happened in collaboration with Forestry Department of the City.
Initiative's representative name
Syed Saud ul Hassan
Initiative's representative date of birth
6th June, 1992
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Start-up (first few activities have happened)
Yearly Budget : What is your current yearly budget for the initiative?
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
Let me share here a story of Syed Saud ul Hassan as he is having a problem of dust allergy and due to this he is facing much problems every where. Once he grew up he decided to make his city clean & green and as he found us he discussed his idea with us and we got some support from our forestry department and due to this on the Independence day of our country we planned to initiate a campaign in august & our Independence day comes on 14th of August so we make it for 14 days campaign under which we did this at several educational institutes as they must need to know the importance of greenery and clean environment.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
As there were lack of trees and green areas in our city so we are solving the problem of eliminating the dust and smoke happening from traffic and factories.
3. Your solution: How are you working to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We plant trees which are beneficial for health purpose plus those plants which can survive in the atmospheric changes of our city.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
We are making it innovative as we are collaborating with several educational institutes which are the main hub to capture the attention of our upcoming generations & youth. In such regard our approach is unique for solving the specified problem.
5. Collaboration: How does your initiative seek to bring key players together to preserve biodiversity?
Yes of course our initiative can and will bring those key players together who can really create a policy on national level like we have collaborated with the Government department of Forestry and we signed an MOU with them for taking this initiative(Policy Makers), Local Community (beneficiary) & Students and Youth Icons(Implementer). As we believe that together we can make difference.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far — in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
We have engaged around thousand students from 15 Institutes which includes all communities not only a single one. As per business strategy is concern so we are getting positive impact from some companies which are supporting us in this cause and yet we have received 3,000 Euros which we used for the purchases of trees and other merchandises as well.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
We are looking forward to scale it up to other cities as well where the knowledge of this project is lesser.
This includes Geographical scaling up, Training for other institutes' students, Reforming policies for the national level & to add this activity in the curriculum of the youngsters as well.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for society? Or different stakeholders?
Our initiative is working on Un's Sustainable Development Goal 13 that is Climate Action. through this we are creating value in the decade of action and it directly creates value for the upcoming generations. As they will get a better atmosphere to live in & spend their lives better than us.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
Our Short Term plan is to create & spread awareness through activities and training session in the same city with other institutes.
Our Medium term plan is to scale it up to 5 more cities of our country.
Our Long Term plan includes to make it a policy at national level and to add it up in curriculum of schools for making it a necessary part of life of Youth.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your current team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
We have a complete team which works under given manner.
Syed Saud ul Hassan (Project Head)
Maryam Khalid (Project Coordinator)
Yasir Ali (Marketing Manger)
Syed Wajahat Ali (Finance Head)
Daniyal Waseem (Team Lead)
Ali Raza (Team Assistant)
and then we have 10 Team Members who works as per their responsibilities in every activity. They all work in Full-Time working hours and they all are Graduated.
11. How did you hear about this challenge?