The program which we wish to offer is around something called Upa Yoga. This form of yoga would help children develop strong bodies and minds. This is becoming more important with the plethora of external influences which our children are facing.
Medical studies have demonstrated the significant benefits of yoga and meditation. These include:
- Increase in academic and attendance performance and decrease in the number of suspensions.
- Decrease in hyperactivity and impulsivity, increase in self-control and attention spans, and a reduction in anxiety leading to higher IQ scores.
- Relief in tiredness, improvement in physical health, sharper concentration, enhanced mental clarity, and better interpersonal relationships.
The Yoga for Beginners programs offers simple practices which can be done by anyone over the age of 7 years.
- Workshop offers simple yoga postures to bring stability and balance to the system
- Upon completion, all participants will have a yoga practice to take home to experience the benefits of yoga
- Isha can conduct Yoga for Beginners workshops for teachers & students
- Isha can also train teachers and students to present yoga sessions
- No prior experience of yoga is required
These are some of the benefits which could be expected from the Yoga for Beginners program:
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and tension
- Strengthens the spine and activates lumbar region of the spine
- Body will feel more rested, alert and focused
- Includes postures which help fight obesity
- 7 modules for varying benefits depending to interest and time