- Educating in all places where children gather – schools, doctors’ offices, hospitals, recreation, homes & businesses
- Changing the environment to increase access to health foods and physical activity
- Investigate innovative successful models targeting low income communities such to educate and communicate through mobile messaging and videos in the top 5 languages spoken in Elizabeth
To move toward healthy outcomes for all children for life.
Strategies would include:
- Education and communication during prenatal care and new mothers
- Small group support for parents/caregivers 0-5 years of age focus on new born to first year.
- Support, education, communication and access for and about healthy nutrition from birth at clinics and hospitals
- Engage medical staff that work with pregnant woman and caregivers of young children
- Build trust with individuals through trusted sources
- Meet people where they are at within their own enviornment
- Parents/Caregivers of young children would be able to make the healthy choice the easy choice through improved information and increased access to affordable healthy choices.
- Children eating and drinking healthier foods in all areas outlined
- Obesity rate for pre-school children would not increase but remain stable or decline by 1% by 2020