We provide training on Agriculture,marking,business planing,we provide seed capitals for youths ,all this to reduce poverty and unemployment

Photo of ebot besong
1 3

Written by

I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria, and based on its description, I am eligible to apply to the CSV Prize 2017.

  • Yes, I'm eligible

Preferred language

  • English

Organization name


Year founded


Initiative stage

  • Established (the solution has passed the previous stages and demonstrated success)

Annual budget in 2017 (USD)

  • $100k - $250k

Number of beneficiaries impacted so far

  • 5,000 - 10,000

Organization type

  • Social enterprise

Secondary Focus Area

  • Rural development
  • Nutrition

Headquarters location: Country

  • Cameroon

Headquarters location: City


Location(s) of impact



under construction

Facebook URL


Twitter URL


Problem: What problem is this initiative trying to address?

Agro Education and Agro vocational training centre fights unemployment’s, by creating employment opportunities, fights poverty alleviation by promoting financial independent amongst youth and maturity, and also prevent food scarcity by promoting food security and tackling under nutrition in the post millennium development goals era

Solution Summary: What is the proposed solution? What do you see as its most promising aspects for creating shared value?

• Provides training to youths in all domains of Agriculture, using agronomic processes and technology. • PRODUCTION. We teach our students what to grow, how to grow it, what inputs to use, how to control pests and diseases, when and how to harvest; based on market-demand. • POST-PRODUCTION. We teach our students how to improve postharvest handling, processing, packaging, storage and distribution • BUSINESS PLANNING AND MARKETING. We build within them, marketing and business management Techniques, provide marketing information, market appraisal and research, development of business plans, • FINANCE We also support our graduate to access commercial financing, to sustain and expend their business. • ORGANIZATION. We provide Farm organization governance techniques and functioning, collective marketing, group leadership, record keeping.

Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Specify both the social and the environmental impact of your work

Agro Education and Agro vocational training centre has a great impact on sustainable development, poverty alleviation, and unemployment. In fact we fight against unemployment, poverty, while at same time ensuring food security, and tackling under nutrition in the post millennium development goals era. Over 70% percent of the Cameroonian youth are unemployed, economically dependent, so by providing training in agronomic processes to help grow high quality produce, providing seed capital for their startups, as well as land and helping them secure loans from financial institutions , helps create employment, make them to be financially independent, helps alleviate poverty, as of now we have trained 5624 youths who have furher employed about 12 thousand youths, considering that each one has employed a single youth after training

Financial sustainability plan: How is this initiative financially supported? How will you ensure its financial sustainability long-term?

about 85 percent of our income come from our partners,cooperate contributions,grants ,and the rest 15 % is from the enrollment fee,paid by the student

Unique value proposition: What makes your initiative innovative? How does your project differ from other organizations working in the same field?

we provide our graduates with seed funding Capital for their farm startups

Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that sparked the beginning of this initiative.

My name is Besong Ebot Ferdinand; I am thirty years old boy, and from Cameroon. My y inspiration towards becoming an entrepreneur started as far back as when I was the age of 7, when I lost my parents, whom upon the only property they left as an inheritance for me was a piece of farm land, as the bread winner in the Family of Nine, I grew up working extremely hard in other to take care of the rest of my Siblings. Providing a sustainable solution to my community and country needs in the domain of employment was and initiative I took upon myself as an entrepreneur, with a positive mindset obtain from experiences gathered at doing business at my very tender age, I open a small training center, which has impacted more than 10 thousand youths,

Where did you hear about the Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize?

  • Search engine

1 comment

Join the conversation:

Photo of Peter Ter

My problem is where ebot will continue to get seed grants to give out?