Ensuring Sustainable and Available Water for the Nigerian Citizens through the installation of wells, taps and also the digging of Boreholes
Our Project is aimed at providing sustainable water for the Nigerian Masses through the installation of taps, wells and digging of Boreholes
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria, and based on its description, I am eligible to apply to the CSV Prize 2017.
- TochiPat Enterprises
- Registration Number : BN 240140
Start-Up (a pilot that has just started operating)
Annual budget in 2017 (USD)
Number of beneficiaries impacted so far
Headquarters location: Country
Headquarters location: City
Lagos State, Nigeria
Location(s) of impact
Lagos State, Nigeria
Problem: What problem is this initiative trying to address?
- Partial or Non–Execution of water resources integration management at all levels as well as through Trans-border alliance as necessary in Nigeria
- Inequitable National access to affordable and hygienic drinking water in Nigeria
- Poor water quality by releasing poisonous materials and chemicals, pollution and dumping, untreated waste water and also non-recycling and unsafe reuse nationally
- Minimized Recycling and Non Handling the proportion of untreated waste water
- Reduced water use efficiency across sectors
Solution Summary: What is the proposed solution? What do you see as its most promising aspects for creating shared value?
- Ensuring water resources integration management at all level as well as through trans-border alliances as necessary in Nigeria
- Attaining equitable and national access to affordable and safe drinking water for everyone in Nigeria
- Enhancing water quality by reducing the release of hazardous materials and chemicals, eliminating dumping, minimizing pollution, substantially maximizing recycling, halving the proportion of untreated waste water as well as safe reuse and also distributing equally the relative size of untreated waste water nationally
- Sustainably maximizing water use efficiency across every sectors in Nigeria as well as ensuring sustainable supply and withdrawals of freshwater in order to tackle water scarcity and also minimizing the statistics of people faced with the challenges of water scarcity.
- Restoring and Protecting Water related ecosystems including forests, wetlands, mountains, lakes, aquifers and rivers as well as the provision of water storage facilities
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Specify both the social and the environmental impact of your work
- Ensuring Water resource integration management at levels as well as through necessary trans-border alliance in Nigeria
- Ensuring Equitable and National access to affordable and safe drinking for everyone in Nigeria through the provisions of taps, construction of boreholes and well as and various means of channeling water to the Citizens of Nigerians
- Reducing the release of hazardous materials and chemicals, eliminating dumping, minimizing pollution, sustainably maximizing recycling and national safe reuse, halving the proportions of untreated water as well as equally distributing the proportion of untreated waste water in Nigeria
- Protecting and Restoring Water related ecosystems including forests, wetlands, mountains, lakes, aquifers and rivers as well as the provision of water storage facilities and
- Considerably Maximizing Water usage efficiency across every sectors and also ensuring Sustainable Supply and Withdrawals of Freshwater to tackle Water scarcity
Financial sustainability plan: How is this initiative financially supported? How will you ensure its financial sustainability long-term?
- 2% Honesty Contribution: Our Organization intends to apply an honest box approach whereby we will motivate various community members to contribute 2% of the grant or gross contribution value as a contribution to support our open source community and operational expenditure towards the provision of taps, construction of boreholes and wells as well as other means of channeling water to the general public
- Campaigns and Special Events: TochiPat is open to soliciting for support from campaigns and special events such as fundraising events in country salons for a favorable charity towards the provision of water for the masses
- Corporate Contracts and Governments agencies: We are trying to work with the necessary minister and agencies towards soliciting for finances to attain this goal.
Unique value proposition: What makes your initiative innovative? How does your project differ from other organizations working in the same field?
- Ensuring water resources integration management at all level
- Attaining equitable and national access to affordable and safe drinking water for all in Nigeria through the provision of taps, wells and boreholes
- improving water quality
- Sustainably maximizing water use efficiency across every sector in Nigeria and ensuring sustainable supply and withdrawals of freshwater
- Restoring and Protecting Water related ecosystems and the provisions of water storage facilities such as Tanks
Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that sparked the beginning of this initiative.
- The Quality of Water Supply in Nigeria is very low
- The Statistics on access to water in Nigeria is poor as people do not have access to safe water
- In Nigeria, Water Production facility hardly functions to capacity as a result of lack of power, broken down equipment or fuel for pumping
- Water Supply is not efficiently provided in Nigeria.
- Nigeria’s Water Infrastructure is suffering from serious neglect as the rural areas faces a decline in services while the urban dwellers are compelled to purchase water from vendors in which most of them cannot afford
- In Nigeria, nearly 600,000 children under the age of five years old die each year from diarrhea, guinea worm, dysentery, cholera as a result of poor water
- Water flushes out bacteria and waste that can cause disease through sweat, feces and urine
- Water Moistures the skin and the human body comprises of about 70% water
Where did you hear about the Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize?