Ocean In Motion
- Relocating the Ocean from the coastal areas to inlands
- Created system that simulates good condition for breeding fish 'Sardines'
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria, and based on its description, I am eligible to apply to the CSV Prize 2017.
Start-Up (a pilot that has just started operating)
Annual budget in 2017 (USD)
Number of beneficiaries impacted so far
Headquarters location: Country
Headquarters location: City
Location(s) of impact
Problem: What problem is this initiative trying to address?
- The number of Fish we are consuming far exceeds the supply that is available on the ocean
- Because of the Climate changes, fish is growing enough to feed the nation
- The government has impossed quotas on the ocean in the effort to protect nature
- But this has further affected the supply of fish
Solution Summary: What is the proposed solution? What do you see as its most promising aspects for creating shared value?
- As the solution to this problem, we have decided to relocate the ocean
- We have created a system that simulates the ocean conditions so that an ocean fish can be breed and sourced inland, not come from the Ocean
- Our system is meant to breed Sardines and Pilchard
- Our system runs on Solar
- Sources water from the borehole
- And it can be based anywhere even in the desert for as long as there is an access to borehole water
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Specify both the social and the environmental impact of your work
- Instead of Fish coming all the way from the coastal areas, it is breed
- The price of Sardines becomes affordable because it's being breed around the corner and not imported or sourced in the distanced coastal areas
- The inhabitants from the coastal areas do not have to relocate to the coastal areas to access employment that has to do with the Fishing activities
- Our invention achieves food security
Financial sustainability plan: How is this initiative financially supported? How will you ensure its financial sustainability long-term?
- Self sustainability: After the breeding, Sardines then Agroprocessed into a Olive oil
Unique value proposition: What makes your initiative innovative? How does your project differ from other organizations working in the same field?
- Our invention gives and does not take away from nature
- The Sardines from our system, is free of any pollution
- The size, quality and rate of growth for the Fish growing in our system can be controlled
- The recent drought has increased the price of meat and few household are affording
- White meat especially Fish is high in Omega3 & 6 proteins
- Instead of Importing fish....we breed it
Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that sparked the beginning of this initiative.
- After the government had impossed quotas on the ocean
- My grandfather who was a fisherman was left without employment and as a results he could not afford to provide for us as the family
- A similar thing was happening in some of the families who were reliance to the Fishing activities
Where did you hear about the Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize?