Rofoof E-Commerce platform
Rofoof is a pioneer platform that provide service sell and buy used books via client-to-client for general public,students,donation for
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria, and based on its description, I am eligible to apply to the CSV Prize 2017.
Start-Up (a pilot that has just started operating)
Annual budget in 2017 (USD)
Number of beneficiaries impacted so far
Headquarters location: Country
Headquarters location: City
Location(s) of impact
Problem: What problem is this initiative trying to address?
Rofoof is trying to create an easy method for people to buy, sell, or donate their used books online.
The problem is that the Saudi market is short regarding used books business where bookstores and online bookstores mainly focus on selling new books. Therefore it is hard for people to buy used books because they are not easily found.
Solution Summary: What is the proposed solution? What do you see as its most promising aspects for creating shared value?
Rofoof provides a new approach for used books market in Saudi Arabia.
Rofoof will be successful for several reasons:
• Rofoof is the first and only e-commerce platform that deals with used books business in Saudi Arabia.
• Rofoof provides a convenient way for its users where they can shop used books online with easy payment methods.
• Rofoof saves money due to the low prices of used books compared to new books that Rofoof gives for its users.
• Rofoof saves time for people who have commitments, busy or live distantly away from bookstores by providing them an easy access to look for the books they want online using Rofoof website.
The secret sauce of Rofoof is that it targets technology and social media since 24 million of Saudi Arabia population use them based on facts from the communications and information technology commission.
• Economically, the circulation of used books between Rofoof’s users will reduce the consumption of new books and reduce the disposal of new book
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Specify both the social and the environmental impact of your work
we participate in more than 8 big university in jeddah which equal our audience 480,000 person
Financial sustainability plan: How is this initiative financially supported? How will you ensure its financial sustainability long-term?
Unique value proposition: What makes your initiative innovative? How does your project differ from other organizations working in the same field?
Global influences will be easy as ROFOOF is the first platform that depends on supply and demand regarding used books.
Supports economy by reinvesting in books and reducing books imports
Technology development and innovation by creating a special feature in ROFOOF such as tracking your book in WAQF which is a donation option.
customer service - online chat via website.
Covers comprehensive area in saudi
Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that sparked the beginning of this initiative.
I was a poor student and i know how much does books cost student and i decide to do this business to help all student having books with lower costs and good quality
Where did you hear about the Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize?