Vet-Herb (Chicken Feed Supplement)
Effect on Given Simplicia Carica Papaya Leaves (Simplisia Daun Pepaya) to Optimize Weight of Broiler Chicken Connected with Increasing Econo
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria, and based on its description, I am eligible to apply to the CSV Prize 2017.
Agro Muda Perkasa
Established (the solution has passed the previous stages and demonstrated success)
Annual budget in 2017 (USD)
Number of beneficiaries impacted so far
Headquarters location: Country
Headquarters location: City
Location(s) of impact
Country Indonesia ; Banten Province (Tangerang, Balaraja, Serang), West Jaava Province (Bandung, Garut, Sukabumi, Indramayu, Cirebon, Tasikmalaya, Cia
Problem: What problem is this initiative trying to address?
Reality in the field, based on survey that have been done by distributing questionnaires to 1,207 broiler breeders (both corporate farms and individual chicken breeders). There are two kinds of major problems faced by the broiler breeders, namely:
1. Problems achievement of chicken body weight when the harvest is not optimal, so the company farms and individual chicken breeders suffer loss.
2. Problems accumulation of drug prices
Solution Summary: What is the proposed solution? What do you see as its most promising aspects for creating shared value?
1. Give the concept to solve the health problems of the chicken to the broiler breeders (selling products Vet-Herb and also consulting chicken health programs, vaccination, treatment).
2. Being a pioneer in providing herbal supplements chicken feed, to replace chemical-based antibiotics, which proved capable of causing allergists reactions (allergy, hives) in humans and resistance to various drugs.
3. Provide alternative feed ingredients locally Indonesia (papaya) that have been examined to optimize weight broilers.
4. Utilizing materials - natural materials Indonesia (papaya leaf) that do not have economic value.
5. Make application (Apps @ Playstore) about behavior & broiler signal and chicken health program - chicken disease data, FCR (Feed Convention Ratio) number data, allert time of vaccination, mortality data, morbidity data, daily price list of chickens (i
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date? Specify both the social and the environmental impact of your work
For our team
Our team currently empowers 32 groups of livestock where each group of livestock consists of 15 members, so we empower about 480 breeders in Banten Province, West Java, Central Java, Yogyakarta
In addition, papaya fruit farmers are empowered around Cianjur (West Java) and Sleman (Yogyakarta) about 50 people. To take the garbage (papaya leaves) for Vet-Herb production.
Reduce the use of antibiotics in chickens that are proven to cause allergies in humans
Empowering the rural poor to work (raising chickens)
Increase the profit of breeders
Using labor disabiitas
Using female labor
Financial sustainability plan: How is this initiative financially supported? How will you ensure its financial sustainability long-term?
Income from the sale of Vet-Herb products, animal health treatment, health program consultation at the company's farm. Next years, we want to develop the production of Vet-Herb to other islands in Indonesia which is the central area of livestock (Sumatra, Kalimantan, Bali, Sulawesi, Papua) and to other Southeast Asian countries which are the centers of livestock in southeast asia (Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand). Also Apps (@playstore)
Unique value proposition: What makes your initiative innovative? How does your project differ from other organizations working in the same field?
fast direct visits to chicken coop, diagnose disease, chicken health program (personalization)
Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that sparked the beginning of this initiative.
Beginning of my college duties to collect data when the 2010 avian influenza virus destroyed chicken farms in Indonesia. I found the breeder using papaya leaves as a natural medicine but not yet a product, then I researched on campus (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine UGM Yogya) and found enzymes in papaya leaves to optimize appetite and chicken immunity
Where did you hear about the Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize?