A Social Enterprise with Sharing Cycle: Symbiosis. Co-prosperity. Coexistence, Sharing.
A social enterprise focus on humanities and cultures, environment, industrial innovation, underprivileged groups and disadvantage children
Building an innovative sharing cycle with a social purpose
Yes, I fulfill all of the eligibility criteria.
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative’s representative gender
Which eligible market are you based in?
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
When was your organisation founded?
Reskilling and upskilling the workforce
Growth (have moved past the very first activities; working towards the next level of expansion)
Yearly Budget: How much capital do you need to accomplish your proposed project?
Non-profit / NGO
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this to succeed
Creating opportunities for rural youth is more urgent than ever, rural areas are failing to provide opportunity and are losing their young people, their culture of the land. This has major consequences at the local, national and global level. It can erode national economies, political stability, and food security, more importantly; increasingly high-risk children with low learning achievements facing the dark alone in the community.
2. The problem: What problem surrounding employability or financial capability are you helping to solve?
The youth are left rural area for better opportunities, small town are only the elderly, kids living in low-income, drug abuse, single-parent families. We believe young people have untapped talents, often hidden by problems in their home lives.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
A social innovation partnership construction is set to begin, co-innovate and co-develop in partnership with *KOUJI Cross Culture Restaurant, *HIDEKAWA Domestic Soybean, *Taiwan Sustainable City and Town Association. Together, we began to integrate local artistic and cultural resources in the hopes of constructing urban – rural development of Sanxia township into a friendly and sharing colony of culture and creativity.
4. How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solving the problem?
We engaged in the “Community Cultivation Projects” to help local craftsmen, create development opportunities for traditional crafts through designing, and attract more youths to come home to engage in the public affairs of the community and expand social influence. In addition, we have invested resources to construct a caring system, partner up with associates companies for disadvantaged students, accompanied children in their growth, as well as opening stores that are combined with occupational training for the community underprivileged groups.
(Instructions for questions 5 and 6, no answer required) Please only answer the question (5 - “employability” or 6 - “financial capability”) that applies to your organization’s topic of work (see below for definitions)
5. Employability: how is your organization or project teaching people to develop the skills that they need to survive in the future job market?
Detail please see the attachment. (Culture Art and Nature (CAN) Ltd.)
THE CAN and its partners allows partial of net income can be invested in the welfare foundation of community development for disadvantaged children, innovative development of industries, environmental education on the land, balanced urban and rural development, and construction of artistic and cultural platforms. Ultimately, THE CAN created dreams for unfortunate ones to have the power to change the future.
5a. Please describe which future-oriented skills your organization is focused on fostering and how you have measured / plan to measure progress
Detail please see the attachment. (Culture Art and Nature (CAN) Ltd.)
6. Financial capability: how is your organization or project creating innovative solutions that arm people with ability to optimize their current and future financial health
【The viable revenue and expenditure and surplus distribution system】
* 30% of the distributable surplus should be reserved as the special social welfare purposes, included THE CAN capital increase; THE CAN re-investment funds; THE CAN partners companies operational fees; THE CAN charitable donations…etc.
* 10% of the distributable surplus should be reserved as charity donations for Taiwan Sustainable City and Town Association, for accompanying the children and youths of Sanxia after school and function cultivation plan purpose.
6a. Please describe what aspect of financial capability your organization is focused on fostering and how you have measured / plan to measure progress.
【The viable key plan for financial management】
*Properly allocate limited resources –Implementation of budget forecasting and management.
* Improve financial structure and efficiency – brought in the third-party professional accountant consultancy for financial functions improvement, regular health check.
* Accounting software system upgrade–Implementation automates the accounting information accuracy and schedule.
7. Marketplace: Who else is addressing the same problem? How does the proposed project differ from these approaches?
we don't think there's anyone who does the same thing in Taiwan.
8. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
【Taiwan Sustainable City and Town Association】 was founded by THE CAN and community volunteers in 2015. In the past 12 years, we have worked with more than 12 elementary and junior high schools, cared for more than 120 children.
Environment of inclusive employment program was offered by the partners of THE CAN,【HIDEKAWA Domestic Soybean Products】 currently on job / 1 Rehabilitated ex-offender, currently on job / 16 Parents reentering the job market, currently on job / 8 Dropouts and high-risk students
HIDEKAWA has long term contract commitment with 11 Taiwanese soybean farmers. In 2018 alone, our total purchase amount of local soybeans reached $1,255,550
9. Financial Sustainability Plan. Can you tell us about you plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
【The viable Financial model】more detail please see the attachment.
We have always been exploring and adjusting the way to balance our income and expenditure by expanding brand benefits and improving the partnership operating model to further continue maintaining our ideal ecological chain.
Revenue of 2017 : $10,600,939 NTD
Profit of 2017 : $ -1826608 NTD
Revenue of 2018 : $23,961,790 NTD
Profit of 2018 : $-71,279 NTD
Year 2010 – 2018, Annual revenue Growth Rate : 70% ; Annual profit Growth Rate : 20%
*During the year of 2018, The operation and sales of HIDEKAWA will become THE CAN’s focal point for planning, including diversified channels and product development, setting of annual goals, personnel training, e-commerce operation, etc
Board of Director
CEO / COO / CSO / CBO /Vice President of Education
36 full time employees
every year 5-10 % of rise depend on the performance
How did you hear about this challenge?