Improve Financial Capability among Farmers Group
I have introduced this idea, implemented it and ensured its economical sustainability
Community Owner Trcator
Community Owned Tractor
Yes, I fulfill all of the eligibility criteria.
Initiative's representative name
N. BYRAV (N. BYRAVAMOORTHI)
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative’s representative gender
Which eligible market are you based in?
Where are you making a difference?
Kandshi Village, Pune District, Maharashtra State, INDIA
Website or social media url(s)
When was your organisation founded?
Helping people adapt to technologies of the future
Financial skills and capability
Reskilling and upskilling the workforce
Creating digital tools
Growth (have moved past the very first activities; working towards the next level of expansion)
Established (successfully passed early phases, have a plan for the future)
Scaling (expanding impact to many new places or in many new ways)
Yearly Budget: How much capital do you need to accomplish your proposed project?
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this to succeed
Self-help group concept has motivated me to think for having farmers group for better financial capabaility by introducing innovative cash flow modules
2. The problem: What problem surrounding employability or financial capability are you helping to solve?
Farming became too expensive in India due to factors like labours shoratge, labors migration, prices of farm inputs, drought, less/no profit for farming products, urbanization, climate change, etc. We need to do farming with less expenditures and with scientific methods so that farmers can get marginal profit. Tractor became unavoidable in farming and farmers have to spend huge for it which i wanted to reduce and save the money.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
By creating a farmers group and purchasing a tractor with their contribution for the use of entire village
4. How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solving the problem?
Created a farmers group and motivated them to own a tractor for them to reduce the spending on hiring tractor. Convinced them to invest 50% from their side and balance 50% was funded by us. The prupose of 50% share from farmers is to ensure sustainability and ownership of tractor which helped lot. Yes, because of this 50% share, farmers are caring the tractor like their own asset.
6. Financial capability: how is your organization or project creating innovative solutions that arm people with ability to optimize their current and future financial health
Self Sustainable Model System is being introduced in all the projects so that community take more ownership
6a. Please describe what aspect of financial capability your organization is focused on fostering and how you have measured / plan to measure progress.
Revenue generation from each module is focused, measuring it by baseline and endline assessment.
7. Marketplace: Who else is addressing the same problem? How does the proposed project differ from these approaches?
No one has tried out this strategy so far.
8. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Farmers could able to reduce the expenditure by using the common tractor, could generate revenue by renting the tractor to other village farmers.
9. Financial Sustainability Plan. Can you tell us about you plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
1. Tractor will be continuously rented to other village farmers for revenue generation.
2. Generated revenue will be lended loan to the needy farmers within the same village at low interest rate and other village farmers at bank interest rate.
3. The interest collected will be deposited into the farmers group account
4. The lumpsum profit will be utilized among farmers group for purchasing any other farming equipment for the group.
Full time employees: 800
Part time employees: 492
How did you hear about this challenge?