Transforming youth workers who go back to their hometown from the FTZ due to hardships into skilled and empowered individuals.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
Earned income from "Talk Shop" 2%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
We will separate them into the areas they originate from and identify the needs of the market in those respective hometowns and designs training programs accordingly. They will also receive guidance on how to register their business in their hometown.
In order to measure progress, the team will collect quantitative and qualitative data on:
The beneficiaries of BrightHub
Numbers and details of those who successfully secured employment or started a business in their hometown
The different avenues that were tested; what succeeded? What failed?
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Workers will come out as socially perceptive individually who are eco-friendly, feminist-conscious and aware of and able to advocate for women's rights and gender equality in addition to being able to make informed decisions. They will also set up their own businesses with knowledge on ethics and corporate social responsibility in mind in addition to using the tools they learn to start their own business. The change-makers we produce through this will stand out as the ones who are making the most out of social change as well as those who inspire others to take charge of their lives too.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
As an organization, the social safety net that we have created for the disadvantaged workers of Sri Lanka’s Free Trade Zone has received much acclaim both nationally and internationally. Our venture, “Talk Shop” in particular has received much positive feedback and popularity among the community.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
Through the previously established partnerships we have formed in addition to new collaborations that we hope to foster with other civil society organizations and non-governmental and non-profit organizations in respective areas, we hope to use their assistance in following up and supervising the progress of the beneficiaries of Brighthub.