We are empowering underprivileged rural women (girls) to build their capacities and transform rural education through Girl Empowerment Clubs
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
Individual donation - 20%
Fundation or NGO grants - 50%
Grants - 15%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Varitra believes in scaling up of the idea whether that is with our organisation or in partnership with other organisations. We collaborate with organisations, individuals who have relevant skills, expertise and try to incorporate their skills, expertise in our idea. Currently, we have more than seven partern organisations across country and we will scaling up our idea in collaboration with these organisations. We are ready to share our curriculums, documents and trainings with likeminded people.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
We are empowering our changemakers by enhancing their employability and life skills. Each volunteer is being provided trainings on different components. We have partner organisations to train the vounteers on these components.
Also, we emphasize of peer learning and each month we organise peer learning workshops for volunteers. At monthly peer learning workshops, our volunteers get chance to showcase their talent and it has been notices that it enhances their interest in learning.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
Varitra has been incubated at following prestigious centres in the past two years:
1. Pravah Chagelooms fellowship
2. Wipro Seeding Fellowship
3. G P Birla Women Leadership Fellow
5. Project has been featured in business standard, the tribue and many local newspapers.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
Varitra has partnerd with seven organisations, one university and one school to enhance quality, scalibility and impact of our project. Some of our partners are Astha Trust, The Eighth Dimension Consultancy, Share A Book, All India Institute of Local Self Governance (AIILSG), Arpana Trust, Mantra4Change, LabourNet, etc.