A journey of progressive series of activities and experiences to help youth become socially, morally, emotionally and cognitively competent.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
Revenue Breakdown by Type of Sponsor for FY2020-21
Earned income 3%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Our Growth strategy will be to:
1. work with our Partner beneficiary schools and work with the schools to apply for the Government's "Life Wide" grant as an alternate funding source;
2. build a community of youth who care about the society and take a leadership role with training programs provided by Kids4Kids, and to help be trainers for a wider group of youth volunteers.
3. provide a structured youth engagement skills training program ( e-platform and in person).
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
We are equipping students with future skills of learning by doing, raising their self-esteem, confidence and overall mental wellbeing of youth. Through the peer ripple effect of one changed youth, to go and inspire and encourage other students
- Through AFAC projects achievements, Kids4Kids is able to increase its impact on the Hong Kong community, driven by what the secondary students’ care about.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
ActIon for a Cause project has not received any Awards & Recognitions so far, but Kids4Kids as an organization received an Award for "Global Ignitor for Youth" from Usher's New Look in 2015, and Michele Lai, Founder of Kids4Kid was awarded an Ashoka Fellowship in 2020.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
It is critical to have schools be supportive of students and their projects, encourage sharing of ideas in their community . As "Action for a Cause" is very aligned with Ashoka's vision that everyone can be a changemaker, a recognised partnership would help scale the impact as participants would feel they belong to something larger and global.