13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
So far the investment has been meagre for want for sources. The less than Rs.5lakhs received so far, the break-down is as below:
Individual Donation or gifts: 10%
Foundation or NGO grant: 60%
Corporate Contribution: 30%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
The organization is in the midst of many deserving similar communities in a much larger geographical spread. Based on resources availability the success model will be replicated in other blocks, districts and states in the tribal dominated regions. The Master trainer and her team continue to facilitate skills training to different groups on invitation by other NGO/CBO/government department.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Leadership spark came slowly, as initially no one volunteered among educated people. It took patient coaching to get few interested and now the spark is about to turn into a flame. The Momentum of change will be harnessed for social and economic transformation. Community leaders are trained, and aspiring entrepreneurs coached in life skills, problem solving, risk taking and enterprise management skills, followed by practical lessons in selected trades. The project ensures a pool of leaders and entrepreneurs who transforms the family's and village economy. Thenceforth they are change-makers
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
My Organization - PRO RURAL has won the UN-Habitat India Youth Fund Award for Training youth as Waste Wise Managers (WWM) to assist in Municipal Solid Waste Management in 2013-14. It has also been awarded Governor's Recognition Prize 2015 for our Initiative on Kitchen Waste Composting popularized as "Waste to Gold".
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
The good pace of development at country and state level at times fail to be inclusive. People of remote and inaccessible areas are often left out. It is our effort to scale up our project to reach many deserving areas. Hence many collaborators and partners are required. An inclusive development approach requires that opportunities should reach all deserving communities. For this vision we seek supporters and collaborators. The present project also needs more partners to achieve desired impacts.