Wanji uses interactive learning to provide access to training opportunities to geographically remote audiences using mobile phones.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
foundation or NGO grants: 3%
grants or contracts: 35%
earned income : 62%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
At present, Wanji Games are available in 19 countries, with recent rapid expansion following the launch of COVID-19 themed games in 5 countries. PVI will also increase visibility and impact of the platform by increasing unique callers through developing pro-bono games in highly saturated markets, such as Mali and Indonesia, enhancing Wanji’s track record and attracting clients in new markets.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Marginalized communities are reached easily by basic mobile phones and given access to critical information needed for them to make informed decisions regarding their lives. This has an add-on ripple effect, as greater access to information contributes to the development of changemakers adopting practices which foster development as well as contributing to the achievement of developmental goals at the local level.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
Wanji is a winner of the 2018 MIT Solve award for Youth, Skills and the Workforce for the Future.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
The prestigious Ashoka Future Skills Innovation prize provides valuable name recognition to PVI's track record as we continue to seek innovation-based prizes and build new partnerships with earned income clients.