Accessible youth entrepreneurship edutech program empowering pre-adults to be collaborative creators of financially-sustainable ventures.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
Currently, 100% of project funding is derived from earned income.
Initial development costs were incurred by the parent program, as an extension of existing projects. These costs were recouped through income from the project’s first customers.
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
YES is ready to scale rapidly in terms of adoption and impact, thanks to both its structure and content. The 3 primary strategies to drive scale-up are: organic exponential adoption facilitated by resellers; government recognition and impact awareness; and corporate leadership through CSR programs. We anticipate the critical mass required to enable self-perpetuation will be achieved when YES has over 1000 participants per continent. YES is regenerative by nature, and is ready for additional momentum to broaden its impact.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
YES’ entrepreneurial journey enables the mindshifts youth need to build regenerative local economies with global connections. Through its focus on validated business modelling and activity-based forecasting, the program empowers learners to create self-funded ventures, rather than relying on debt-fueled growth. YES' digital collaboration tools support creating symbiotic partnerships and forming a board of advisors. Roadmapped additions to YES will facilitate global networking. We have seen firsthand the positive effects on learners’ self-efficacy, creativity and resilience.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
YES is an iteration of a globally-recognized accelerator program for accomplished executives, developed by transnational incubator Empowered Startups, a designated entity certified by the Government of Canada. YES has been in active deployment since September 2019; it has been recognized and adopted by schools and communities in both Canada and the US.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
The YES team is keen to grow the breadth and strength of the program’s collaborative partnerships. YES is designed to be highly scaleable and for its impact to grow exponentially through its collaboration tools. Key partnerships with public bodies to publicize impact, and with community organizations and MNOs to increase availability will build the momentum to kickstart exponential growth. These partnerships will enable YES’ impact to reach and include even more youth in underserved communities.