At City Wanderer, we guide young people to develop the inner spark in their eyes and cultivate skills to pursue their dreams.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
Corporate contributions: 3 %
Individual donations or gifts: 9 %
Foundation or NGO grants: 32 %
Earned income (service sales, collaboration projects): 56%
*within which 6% from Wandering Challenge fees
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
1. International network
We want to spread Wandering Challenge by licensing the model to youth organizations in various countries. We will provide training to partners virtually and fly over to participate in ceremonies. We seek to build a global network of CW alumni who can spark further actions.
2. Domestic cross-sector impact
We want to increase the number and scale of collaboration projects, not only to bring steady revenue, but more importantly to influence the mindset of corporations, government, schools to truly believe in the value of developing passion and purpose in young people.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Many missions ask students to engage in meaningful conversations with others, and the mission results often inspire more people to take actions. Once, a team exchanged life stories with the homeless and posted reflections online, inspiring many friends to care for homeless and led to a hot-drink giving movement. Last year, a team found out that an elderly care center needed help, so they visited every class in the university to collect coins for donation, not only did they raise almost 200USD, they also made a video about the center that now over 10,000 people have viewed, spreading impact.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
Collaborations and partnerships can help us build the international network or join us in projects that deepen impact with young people. Establishing a global network is a difficult task and takes a lot of strategy, so any partnership that could help us expand to the right location with sound strategy is welcomed. Creating new projects by partnering with another sector will help us design programs meaningful for young people to explore and grow further, deepening the impact.