We bring Coding & Robotics to learners who need employable skills most
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
individual donations or gifts 2%
foundation or NGO grants 0%
corporate contributions 16%
grants or contracts 1%
earned income (product or services sales, licensing, franchising, consulting, financing, etc.) 81%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
1. Increase B2C sales by letting students to be able to attend our courses 100% online. 2. Train teachers to augment the online learning experience with in-person interactions that they facilitate in their classrooms. We cannot presume that teachers will become the primary instructors of coding courses, but we can equip them with facilitation skills that allow them to create richer learning experiences. 3. Allow students to independently augment their online learning experience with in-person interactions. For instance,access to physical learning spaces and coaching.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Alongside teaching coding, we have four curriculum pillars: Leading Your Learning, Leading Your Career, Leading Change and Leading Self.
We see these as our opportunity to equip young people with the attitudes and skills they need to create change in their own lives and communities.
We have seen this play out -- last year 50% of our high school teaching team were young women who previously did our courses and are now enrolled in IT undergraduate degrees.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
Fortune Dept of State Global Women’s mentoring programme, 2018
Westerwelle Young Founders programme, 2018
Diageo Social Entrepreneur Leadership Programme, 2017
Google RISE award winner, 2015
Queen’s Young Leaders Award Winner, 2015
WeTech Grant recipient, 2014
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
We are actively looking for a way to zero-rate our learning platform so that mobile data does not prevent low-income learners accessing our platform. We would like to work with Bi.nu to do this, but would need to secure a partner to foot the cost of the data for low-income learners.