Give an opportunity for better jobs to vulnerable youth, enhancing their skills and promoting success in Vocational Training.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
Fundación Exit funding (income) breakdown :
Individual gifts: 1.38%
Foundation Grants: 64.34%
Corporate contributions: 18.10%
Grants or contracts: 16.19%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
We have two main strategies to scale up our project:
- Blended learning development
Moving from offline learning to blended and digital contents will help us to multiply and scale-up the project and allow us to have a greater impact.
- Packed methodology and train the trainers.
Our model puts an implant in every public school and train the trainers in our soft-skills training model to replicate and expand the model to its full potential.
Once teachers are trained, the implant focuses on engaging with the companies in the whole training itinerary (not only the internship phase).
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Peer-to-peer mentorship is a core component of our solution. For the young people participating in our projects, learning from peers who have already gone through the same problems and situations, helps the youth self-development, enables the questioning of beliefs, values, stereotypes, roles, and endorses soft-skills learning. Witnessing how youths in their own community take the lead and change their lives is a very empowering and inspiring experience, for both mentors and mentees. Furthermore, peer mentoring allows reaching a greater number of youths and to scale faster our actions.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
- The project won the 2019 Cemex-Tec Award in the International Collaborative Action category. It was awarded among more than 100 proposals for its contribution to promoting social change.
- The collaboration between Axa and Exit for the project was selected by Forética as one of the 50 business solutions in the framework of the European campaign 2018-2019 of Enterprise 2020, Future of Work.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
The pilot phase of the project made clear that the early school dropout in Spain is a multicausal problem. Fundación Exit can address few of these causes, but only through our partnership with governments, education system, media, companies, other NGOs joining efforts in an ecosystem logic, we’ll be able to pursue a systemic change, greater impact and scale our project, contributing to change the future of youth employment situation in Spain.