Using Artificial Intelligence for accessible education of differently abled for employment in public and private sector.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
In FY 2020 (October 2019 to March 2020) the founders had invested seed capital of USD 11450.
For FY 2021, our student enrollment target is 5000 for Open and 1250 for Pro courses. Accessible content would be increased to 2000 hrs across 100 courses.
To support the above targets we need funding of USD 237000.
We expect 10% of funding from sale of Pro courses, 30% of our funding from Corporate Social Responsibility, 20% from Individual donations and 40% from grants.
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
The main factors that will help us scale faster:
a)Academic Collaborations with course providers for sharing their content to be converted into accessible format, instead of generating our own content. As per the PWD Act 2016, all the public and private infrastructure and education should be completely accessible by June 2019. Therefore, collaboration with Indic AI would help partnering institutes in meeting the guidelines.
b) Use of AI and technology solutions : would reduce manual intervention in making content accessible, providing ability to scale up without linear increase in manpower.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
The mentors guidance and access to industry oriented courses on Indic education, will encourage our students to take ownership of their learning.
Further , the success stories of our students, will be shared through various platforms like "Josh Talks" etc, which should inspire others.
Soundarya a Btech student, who had enrolled for python trainings and internship support, is now teaching Chess to other visually impaired students. He is an International chess player, within 3 days of launch, we got 95 enrolments for advanced chess online trainings.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
So far, we haven't received any awards or recognitions.
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
We need to scale up our operations using existing resources through tie-ups and alliances to reach our target of 50000+ hours of content and 2 million enrolments by 2025.
Collaboration with NGOs helps us to recruit students at a minimal cost, so we plan to add at least 50 NGO partners every year.
Content providers: this reduces our content creation cost and we get the excellent content.
The tech and ML solutions will help us to scale this platform for other developing countries.