We train & empower rural youth to be able to master skills in marketing & online sales with the aim of reducing unemployment in the village
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
individual donations or gifts 0%
foundation or NGO grants 0%
corporate contributions 0%
grants or contracts 0%
earned income (product or services sales, licensing, franchising, consulting, financing, etc.) 95%
other (startup competition) 5%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
We have to equalize the standard that all village youths that we educate and empower are competent and according to user needs. Therefore our scaling strategy is to first make internal improvements, especially perfecting the learning center, curriculum and mentors. That is the main foundation, if we can scale the learning center and all the learning infrastructure, then the next focus will be user acquisition.
We also currently developing Android apps to monitor the performance of village youth so that they can be seen by our users. So that later it will be ready for the scaleup phase.
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
If in other organizations we often see that they really maintain the best people, but in us, we release the best people. Young people who have served for a long time and feel they are ready with the knowledge they have while in our social enterprise (KampungMarketer), we will release them become alumni (graduate). And we are very pleased that many alumni are now empowering their neighbors to become a team in running their online business in the village, not only get income but knowledge that is useful for many people. This is our pioneering work in regenerating changmakers in our community.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
-Liputan 6 of the SCTV Awards in the Innovation category (2018)
-Mandiri Young Entrepreneurship in the Social Sector, awarded by Mandiri Bank (2019)
-Young Entrepreneur Movers, awarded by the Indonesian Ministry of Youth and Sports (2019)
-Indonesian Young Changemakers , awarded by Campaign.com (2019)
-Young Changemakers Social Enterprise Academy, awarded by the Indonesian US Embassy (2020)
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
From the start, we had indeed upheld the principle of collaboration. Without collaboration, there is no village youth who are helped and empowered by our users in big cities. Without collaboration, many of our village youth cannot make good use of technology due to lack of technological infrastructure. We are very grateful that collaboration can be useful for many of the village youth we empower to improve their welfare