The first affordable financial platform that connects low income workers and their families to financial institutions and their products.
13. Financial Sustainability – funding breakdown: please list a quick breakdown of your funding, indicating an estimated percentage that comes from each source.
individual investment 5%
foundation or NGO grants 10%
corporate contributions 80%
earned income (product or services sales, licensing, franchising, consulting, financing, etc.) 10%
15. Growth Strategy: What are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
I. Consolidate our model and solution in the domestic workers segment. We expect to impact more than 100,000 domestic workers in the next three years.
II. Start replicating the proposed solution to the 26 million unserved Mexican workers through SMEs and gig economy platforms which generate 78% of all employment in the country.
III: We will scale our solution to other countries in Latin-America by partnering with local organization and leveraging the strong presence that our current allies in Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Chile and Guatemala
16. Activating changemakers: How are you giving people the power to control their own destiny and support other people to become changemakers in their communities?
Our most important scaling pathway is enabled by a successful network marketing program that has been named Social Ambassadors. 100 employers and workers, are referring and subscribing 300 domestic workers per month. This channel has allowed our current customers to become changemakers because they become part of the solution. Instead of paying thousands of dollars to media companies such as Facebook or Google we are channeling that investment to our own customers (employers and workers), thus strengthening our ecosystems.
17. Awards & Recognitions: What awards or recognitions, if any, has the project received so far?
First place Metlife Foundation as the best Financial Institution in LATAM. First place Mapfre Foundation as the most innovative insuretech in the world. We have appeared in many local and international media:
Next Billion. https://goo.gl/kLajQx, CGAP. https://goo.gl/Hqasn3, Catalyst Fund blogpost. https://goo.gl/qivFo4, Forbes. https://bit.ly/2GptnIB, GoBizNext. https://goo.gl/6rvUzu
18. Tell us about how collaborations and partnerships would enhance the scalability and impact of your project
4UNO was designed as an open community where knowledge can be share and be used by other organizations to positively impact the lives of many more people. So far we have achieved collaboration and partnership with important institutions such as BBVA, Axa, Mapfre, Metlife, Gentera, IMSS (Social Security Institute) and others. We have shared our knowledge so they can use it to help other people and organizations that are focused on improving the financial health at the base of the pyramid.