less residue +recycling can save the world
Producing packages based on cornstarch instead of plastic
Please confirm you meet the following criteria
We have submitted the supplemental form linked in the description above
We are aged between 14 - 20 as of February 11, 2021
We are not employed by, or directly related (parents or siblings) to a current General Motors (GM) or Ashoka employee
We consent to Ashoka and/or GM featuring our work on their website, social media, and in other materials regarding this Challenge using the information in our application
We confirm we have the rights to use and share any content uploaded on this entry form
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Established (successfully passed early phases, have a plan for the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Noadays we produce too much plastic in different ways which is indisposable and creates global warming so that it is important to lessen residues and think of a new method
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Producing packages based on cornstarch which is both disposable in 2weeks in soil and environmentally sustainable.we can also change container materials with beautifully designed metal or fabric so that they can be used as new things with different apolications for example a metal container can turn into a spice box or a wrapping made of fabric might be used as a pencilcase later.
3. Please tell us how you are using science, technology, engineering or math to address your environmental challenge.
We can find common elements with oil and cornstarch construction to make natural plastic by chemistry
4. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I want to help future generation learn to live better and save our nature and planet respectfully
6. Please highlight the key activities you have carried out to bring your project to life.
I've tried to make less leftovers with seperating resedues and trash.I use tissue bags when I go shopping to add less plastic to the world and grow more plants to save green nature
7. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
I think its economical and easy to practice
8. Impact: In the last three months, please detail the impact your project has made.
Its at idea level but fast disposing of cornstarch in 2 weeks in soil can be very helpful to decrease plastic production
9. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Through social media and interactions with nestle or other food companies who are interested in changing packaging as well as investment on creative ideas we can develope this project in the future
10. Please share how you have influenced other young people to get involved in your project and/or care about environmental sustainability.
Through supporting enviornmental saving ideas and encouraging people to grow plants In my social media page on instagram which is @parsa.plants
11. How would you partner with other changemakers to make a difference?
We try to expand our relations,cooperations and interactions with supporting them and their innovative ideas
12. How would you engage others who have never heard about your project to get their buy-in?
By advertising and substituting new packaging with plastic in shopping centers in low rates and creative decoration
13. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
14. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you? You’ll be able to select only one option.
Are you employed, or directly related (grand-parents, parents, sibling) to a GM or Ashoka employee?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or General Motors, who was it?