ANAXEOS, BEST SHARED LIFE WITH DOGS.
I live and work for the welfare of dogs. That is why this opportunity is great in every way.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Enhance physical activity and wellness
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
for profit: an organisations whose main goal is to make income through business gains
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
The founders of the company are passionate dog enthusiasts and
savvy technology entrepreneurs and executives. Their mission
has been to augment digital life and technological advancements
to improve the wellbeing of dogs and our shared life with them.
We compete and live with four dogs. There are times when there are dogs of different ages and genders in the herd. When competing with them and jogging it is hard to be absolutely sure that all dogs get the right amount of exercise. Then I realized that anaxeos would be the one to help me understand dog needs through data.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
With Anaxeos, we can let the data speak for our pets. We will take
a big leap forward by being constantly aware of where they are,
how they are, what they do and are they behaving normally or is
something out of the ordinary. The ultimate advantage of Anaxeos
is the increased wellbeing of the dog and an improved quality of
our shared life with them.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Anaxeos® product and service experience is composed of three
#1 Wearable DogPod™. A multi-sensory device and software with an
embedded global mobile IoT connectivity.
#2 Anaxeos® Dog data platform. Cloud-based data processing,
sharing and monetization platform powered with a set of purpose built
algorithms and intelligence logics.
#3 Anaxeos® Mobile App. With intuitive and conversational UI and
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
ANAXEOS allows continuous tracking, monitoring and measurement of an individual dog’s location,
conditions, health, biomechanical and physiological body functions and body movements.
Constant flow of new features and functionalities are included in software upgrades and updates.
All these features make ANAXEOS® more future-proof than any other product on the market.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
We think we know our dogs. Yes, by living side by side with them
we develop a good sense of their basic behavior, needs, wants
and demands. However, we see their lives subjectively through
human lenses. The fact is that without a common language we
are always second-guessing. It is really hard to notice any small
everyday changes or anomalies in their fitness behavior or physical
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
It is important to listen to social networks. At the same time, our idea is that anaxeos will come on the market distractedly.
Anaxeos business case and numbers can find in the attachment.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Anaxenos is a global IoT product. We have already contracted with mobile phone operators and together we are globally offering all opportunities to acquire anaxeos.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
Anaxeos moves and brings well-being to people as well. through this, we will be able to verify at a later stage the growth in the well-being of the dog owners and perhaps a reduction in sick leave.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
We are now in the early stages of financing growth and we have launched growth finance around in December 2019.
We have planned financing so that equity financing is focused on growth and turnover finances manufacturing. In the long term, we will extend funding to every continent and the approach is the same.
Business case found in attachment.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
Toni Koutu CEO , Founder
Anne Koutu, Founder
Board member 5 people and CEO
Outsourced technical team: DogPod team, Backend team, Apps Team (approx 12 person)
Sales and sales support are growing along with sales areas and channels.
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
Calling animal welfare and awards exerted on it will take a certain seriousness and I am proud of each of them
12. How did you hear about this challenge?