Cat shelter that don't have to beg money
Complex including shelter, café, internet shop, others
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
Revolutionizing veterinary care for pets
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
I'd like to implement a shelter that don't have to look formoney day and ight.
It'll include shelter itself (at firts for cats as i/' a catmama, later dogs as well), cafe for attendats with animals, cat cafe, clinic, interet-shop and off-line with all kinds of souveniers with animal images (clothers, calendars, linen, cups, etc) and goods for animals, recreation area, agility complex. Financial support - sales of goods, veteriary, donations, crowdfunding, grants. Activities - volunteering, excursions to the nearest landmarks (shelter is planed out of town), recreation.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The problem is stiil around 'cause there are thousands hundreds abandoned cats and dogs in Russia, the attitude towards animals leaves much to be desired
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Search of homes for pets
Earning money ourselves
Changing attitude towards pets the society, making it c a r i n g
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
I went in for problems with abandoed pets in Russia and realised that there are
1. too little municipal shelters to help pets, the shelters are old and "poor"
2. private shelters need money (municipal as well)
My idea is that a shelter should earn money itself
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
I'd like to develop emotional intelligence and empathy -- for beginning. I want to show that animals have soul and we should treat them as children - with love and patience.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
Business success - to cover all the shelter needs ourselves and help other shelters (money, information, services, experience)
Society - to develop new behaviour habits towards pets and animals in general
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
1. Building of a shelter (or reconstruction of already existing premises) (including volunteers' help), internet-shop.
2. Clinic and cafe
3. Recreation zone and agility complex
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
I want to make our human society more HUMAN
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
Fundraising, donations, grants, sales of goods and services
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
1. Me (experience in supply chain management and teachinng)
2. Olga (psycologist and journalist)
3. Irina and Eduard - brilliant volunteers
4. A number of other volunteers annd jouralista (etwa 20 persons)
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
I plan to present my idea to people, register shelter, begin building or reconstruction, start work in social media, cooperate with municipal bodies, look for unique handicraft souveniers, others
12. How did you hear about this challenge?