Complex for the Safe SOCIALIZATION of DOGS (the MODERN METROPOLIS) on the territory of UZBEKISTAN.
Ensuring a healthy lifestyle for people and their pets
the idea we are going to
embodiment of an idea
incredible positive emotions
happy moments of life
Lyudmila Basalova - Club Manager
our victory at the Dog Show
evaluation of participants at the Dog Show
победители Конкурс "Дети и собаки" на Выставке собак
sports, love and dogs
the smallest idea
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Enhance physical activity and wellness
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
hybrid: a combination of different types of organisations, such as a social enterprise (an organisation that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being)
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
The problem of dog walking is very acute in our country. There are no specialized places for walking and activities. This was especially acute during the preparation for the Dog Show. At this time, looking for a place to practice with pets, I learned that agility is developed in the world and there are special training facilities. I got excited about this idea. After all, such sites will allow to tighten the health and physical shape of a person and his pet, and will help to attract young people and children to communicate with dogs.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The lack of specialized sites for walking dogs, training and preparing dogs for life in society, teaching their owners how to raise their pets, is an urgent and urgent issue that needs to be implemented in our country.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Due to the fact that the dogs and their training is held throughout the year in all seasons, it is planned the development of the platform with roof coating and providing services at any time of the year. The Playground will include equipment and shells, focusing on agility-training.The territory of this area must be concreted or paved for ease of purification and washing away of dirt in the city storm sewage system, to carry out lighting, install plumbing, connected to sewer, to equip places for; storage inventory; storage of visitors; the place (seat) awaiting the audience; the jury; the preparation of speeches, dog - washing, drying, grooming(haircut). Due to the fact that simultaneous visits to this site more than 10 dogs, you need to install at least two lanes for passing agility.Pilot project area for dogs makes sense to expand to the whole Complex socialization of dogs in the urban space. The idea of the project is complex with the agility platform, including cross trainers, treadmills, swimming pool for dogs (given the mostly hot and dry climate in the country), exhibition floor cleaner for dogs, a place for fans awaiting veterinary assistance.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
The idea of a walking platform for dogs with expansion to the level of the whole Complex has no analogues in our country. Therefore, it will be a great success and support among breeders and dog lovers.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
At the present filled with stress time is important and acute social and psychological human need is the desire and the need to contain in the conditions of densely populated cities "the four-legged friend". Real reason why people can't do without four-legged friend in the most comfortable conditions of the city, caused by a psychological need to obtain the necessary psychological discharge of the Central nervous system. People should share affection and care for someone, and in the case of loneliness and misunderstanding of others, to have a companion and friend. Many prefer to keep in the house is the dog. A dog is a true friend to her and you can tell a lot and pour soul, she will not betray and will not retell the heard. A dog can defend, bring the bag from the store to find the lost thing. A dog can be running in the morning, to fish near the pond, ride in the woods for mushrooms and just watch the movie. When there is a loyal friend and pet, the soul becomes more comfortable the person feels safe. Dogs can be guide dogs for the blind, they make a good watchdog, the police, the border guard, the coachman. Thanks to the implementation of the idea, the world will become better
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
Growing interest in dog breeding through agility competitions, dog shows, a decrease in the number of stray dogs in Tashkent and cases of cruelty to animals in the country.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Medium-term - implementation in the capital of Uzbekistan in Tashkent, long-term - implementation in all regions of the country.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
And the project will help increase the culture of interaction with pets
and raise the level of tolerance to a higher level.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
Fundraising, involving government agencies and public organizations responsible for the proper handling of animals, as well as own funds from economic activities.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
Team: leader, cynologists, economist, marketer, PR specialist, volunteers
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
We will expand the scope of applications to increase tolerance in society and increase the role of domestic animals, improve their conditions, including improving nutrition for high-quality feed.
12. How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
My friend told me about this contest, then I began to search for information on social networks.