Dogs and cats
palliative care for old and terminal cats and dogs
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Kozlova Olga Mihailovna
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Same, in Moscow
Website or social media url(s)
Revolutionizing veterinary care for pets
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
hybrid: a combination of different types of organisations, such as a social enterprise (an organisation that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being)
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
Living in the 21st century, I realized that pets are becoming a part of the family. Unfortunately, in our country this is not developed. But looking at Europe I cant miss these developments without attention, I want to introduce them in Russia
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Veterinary palliative medicine is a philosophy, and we need this science
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Implementation of ready-made AAHA and European programs, implementation at all stages of interaction
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
Taking action is hard, but that's what makes a great change
I study at the master's program in psychology; in the work of a veterinarian, I try to use the basic methods and studies of foreign colleagues
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
The program should be useful for animals and humans to support both sides in the path of difficult choices and farewells.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
A large of doctors and staff are already using a Glasgow composite pain scale( its not poppular in Russia)
My management and I are ready to implement this project in 11 clinics in Moscow
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Of course, the team and the clinic must undergo licensing, obtain qualifications, undergo trainings and courses!
this is a philosophy, this can not be treated as a policy or business, it is an important feature for the team
franchising is an ideal solution for distribution in the largest cities of Russia
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
the higher the social development of mankind, the more responsible we must be for those who cannot take care of themselves
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
This project is unique for the Russia. Investing is due to investments of private investors on the basis of veterinary clinics
This is an additional service that will be compensated by attracting volunteers, the participation of veterinarians
This requires open communication to foster collaboration between your team and your clients. Veterinrian must become sellers to provide their customers with more affordable care.
The project is necessary in these conditions.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
In this project, 3 investors are planned, a directorate consisting of managers on veterinary medicine, psychology and marketing
These are veterinarians and an animal care team, mobility vehicles, emergency care clinic, crematorium
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
I want to help animals and their owners survive the tragedy
12. How did you hear about this challenge?