Dogs are our inspiration
I am the founder of ANO "KLASS". I am studying at the cynology course. I actively participate in club life events held by our club.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Enhance physical activity and wellness
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
In the summer of 2018 I started a dog and life brought me together with interesting people involved in dog training. Together we organized a dog training club "KLASS" and began to take an active part in various cynological events.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
As a result of the project, we will have the opportunity to train dogs in various directions and involve trained dogs in the search for lost people, violators, rehabilitation of adults and children with disabilities. To formulate in children and adolescents a responsible and humane attitude towards animals, both domestic and homeless. Participate with dogs in cynological competitions of various kinds. Organize cynological events of various profil
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Within the framework of the project it is planned: education and training of dog handlers and instructors; arrangement of a platform for training and practical training with dogs; large-scale educational work: classes for schoolchildren, a series of free seminars and master classes for present and future dog owners, free advice and practical advice for dog owners, training theoretical and practical classes for volunteers
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
Within the framework of the project, it is planned to create a website, train dogs in online using web conferences for residents of remote areas who do not have the opportunity to come to the site, but have a desire to train their dog in good manners. The radius of our municipal district is about 70 kilometers, and not everyone can cover this distance for practicing with a dog.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
1. "Children about dogs" is designed for organized groups of schoolchildren. Conducting discussions on the topic: "Safety measures when dealing with stray and domestic dogs," "Using dogs in various professions," "First aid for dog bites" in schools in the city and district.
2. “A human friend’s dog”, designed for owners of animals and zoo-volunteers, includes a theoretical block on physiology, anatomy, dog education, the legal framework, veterinary medicine, zoopsychology and the history of dog breeding. And the practical block, which is planned to be carried out on a training site with the owners and their pets.
3. "Sports training" is designed for people interested in dog training.
4. “Search and rescue training”, includes training dogs in the search and search service to help volunteers in finding people lost in the forest during the picking season of mushrooms and berries, as well as children and adults who have disappeared in an unknown direction.
5. “Dogs for special people” is designed for people with disabilities, including adults and children, the elderly. Includes events with dogs with this category of people.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
At this stage, about 20 dogs are involved in our club. We conduct classes in sports training, domestic obedience. We actively participate in city events and mass celebrations. We perform performances for children with disabilities with the participation of our dogs. We leave in conversations in schools and kindergartens. We hold events in the orphanage.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Construction and equipment of a sports training ground
Training of specialists-cinologists and instructors to assist novice dog breeders in raising and training dogs
Conducting classes with novice dog breeders to educate and train dogs. Improving the professional skills of dog handlers Popularization of all types of cynological sports, promotion of a healthy lifestyle
Raising the younger generation in the spirit of a responsible attitude towards animals by holding meetings with students of secondary educational institutions in order to popularize knowledge about the careful handling of dogs
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
1. The satisfaction of the cognitive and professional interests of citizens related to the maintenance, breeding and training of dogs in the Uglich municipal district, to reduce the number of stray dogs and improve the quality of the urban environment.
2. The revival and development of complex and applied sports using dogs, as one of the areas of cultural, sports and educational work with the population.
3. The formation in children and adolescents of a good and responsible attitude towards dogs, both domestic and homeless
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
Today, we, at our own expense and with the help of sponsors, cleared a place for the site, enclosed it with a fence and installed some of the necessary equipment for training dogs. In the future we plan to improve its quality, install additional shells and use it after participating in the project for many years. Since our team has a lot of people interested in training, the site is very necessary. It is planned to hold various events on this site for children, people with disabilities, elderly people, as dogs are not allowed in many public places. After participating in the project, we plan to continue to use our own funds and attract sponsors for the activities of our club.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
The team consists of 8 founders of the organization. The main governing body is the meeting of founders, the executive body is the director. The team includes a professional dog handler, 2 more people are currently undergoing training and will become certified dog handlers by May 2020. It is planned to train a specialist instructor for protective and guard duty. The organization has a contract for accounting services with OOO Gorodetsky and Co., which maintains the tax reporting of our organizat
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
The population of the city of Uglich and the Uglich region will have the opportunity to train their dogs in the culture of behavior at home and on the street, and therefore, we hope:
- the number of frightened and bitten people on the streets of the city will decrease;
- the number of stray dogs will decrease (trained dogs are much less likely to be lost) on the streets of the city:
- the population will have the opportunity to watch and take part in various cynological events without leaving the city
- receive competent advice when choosing a pet from a specialist, taking into account the characteristics of the content of various dog breeds
- will attract tourists for the duration of dog training events in the city of Uglich.
12. How did you hear about this challenge?