Four paws in the forest
We want to start a project where we focus on youngsters who have been brougt up in destructive families by using dogs to make a difference.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fecebook: Merete Olsson
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Enhance physical activity and wellness
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
for profit: an organisations whose main goal is to make income through business gains
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
We have experience from working with therapy dogs for a long time. Two professions met, we had the same experiences from our youth growing up with parents with drug addiction. We saw a potential for making a project for youngsters whos been brought up with parents with drug addiction.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We want to make a difference for these youngster who might feel left out. We are sure that the dogs can help them to find trust again.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
Hopefully to inspire others in sweden to use our project and use our ideas.
12. How did you hear about this challenge?