I propose organizing exhibitions of homeless pets that live in shelters to prove that they are beautiful and worthy of finding a home.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Saratov region, but subsequently achieving all-Russian and international level
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
government: an organisation that is part of or associated with the formal governing body of a community
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
I often came across ads for the sale of thoroughbred cats or dogs, which sometimes are simply sky-high. exhibitions and competitions are organized for such purebred pets to show their beauty and advantages. and I thought. because there are those who were abandoned, sometimes inhumane. they live in shelters for homeless animals, but they are beautiful in their own way. they, too, are worthy of finding a home and master. and I decided to come up with this project. With the help of exhibitions for such animals, anyone can pick up their favorite pet for free
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Most homeless animal shelters, which may be private or public, remain crowded. Most people do not even know about their existence in their region. Because of this problem, more and more homeless animals are walking in the streets. My project will help free shelters and streets from homeless pets, and they can find a home and a loving owner.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
To solve this problem, I propose organizing exhibitions for shelters, charitable foundations that contain homeless pets. Exhibitions will be held in the form of animal displays. With the help of project volunteers, we can prepare each pet: wash, learn the team, help clean up the aviary, help present the pet, and so on. Spectators will be invited to the exhibition, including those who would like to have a pet. The exhibition includes: pet show, catwalk, talent show. At the end of the exhibition, anyone can take their favorite pet home. With my project I want to show that every animal is beautiful, that we must be responsible for our actions, and that even a simple mongrel has its own special breed!
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
Each country solves the problem of street animals at its discretion, but one thing is clear: a society that solves the problem of unnecessary animals by shooting or poisoning, shows an example of solving the problem of the existence of unnecessary members of the society to their own children. cruelty is not an option! every living organism on this planet is beautiful. Why are only purebred dogs or cats worthy of a warm home? there are incredibly beautiful and kind mongrels. With its incredible story. And they also deserve to be washed, fed, they also want recognition.
Therefore my innovative approach is caring for mongrels and showing their beauty
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
To implement my idea, I plan to create a volunteer corps of the project. These are guys, students who are already helping pet shelters or want to do it
it is open and friendly volunteers who will be able to help realize the idea: to help establish contact with shelters, cover events, prepare animals, recruit spectators, find partners and sponsors
I also plan to interact with the authorities.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
I plan to measure my success in: the number of volunteers involved, the number of shelters, the number of exhibitions held, the number of animals taken, the number of partners and sponsors, as well as the decrease in the number of stray animals on the streets
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
I plan that such exhibitions will become All-Russian, and then international
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
Understanding that domestic animals became dependent on people during evolution, the civilized countries of the world, first of all, invest in educating children - the responsibility for the animal must last the whole life of the animal, therefore it must be able to properly maintain, care, train and feed.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
Therefore, in the future, together with volunteers, we will conduct animal care classes for children and adults. Such activities will help to develop emotional intelligence and behavioral competencies. This will increase social responsibility for the animal in society. And also restore the correct connection man-animal-nature.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
my dream team will include the most open, most friendly volunteers
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
I plan to realize my idea, as well as distribute my project. The main positive aspect is attention to the problem among the population, an increase in the number of people who care. General increase in the number of shelters and volunteers willing to walk dogs, collect food and take care of animals
12. How did you hear about this challenge?