HolaMascota improves the relationship between pet owners (dogs and cats) and pet service providers (groomers, veterinarians etc)
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Revolutionizing veterinary care for pets
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
for profit: an organisations whose main goal is to make income through business gains
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
When I started talking to pet operators and pet owners and I saw how inefficient and difficult was to find a new trusted provider and once found how difficult it was to make a reservation. The owners have to call or visit them directly and the pet operators have to stop attending our friends to attend the call to make reservations
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
For pet owners the problem to find a trusted provider and make reservations.
For the pet service providers to accept reservations at any time and communicate effectively with the pet owners.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
HolaMascota is a marketplace where pet owners can search for providers, review past reviews and make direct reservations. Given the complexity of our little friends HolaMascota has developed a SaaS online reservation matrix that takes in consideration the breed, size and hair of our friends in order to schedule the appropriate service and time needed.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
Very few providers accept direct online reservation. HolaMascota developed a SaaS for booking management and CRM for them.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
HolaMascota encourages the link and the trust among human and pets. And it allows human to find trusted advisors.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
We are bringing on board pet service providers and we are helping them understand how to simply the management of our friends and how to provide them and their humans better service
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Main strategy relies on social media and local events at local parks
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
Through HolaMascota we want to improve the relationship among pets, their owners and the service providers that take care of them
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
The business model is based on a sales percentage. In the short term we are bootstrapping, in the medium term we are looking for investors and in the long term we want to be self funded.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
We have a CEO in charge of sales and product development and and CMO
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
I would like to increase the brand awareness of the different needs that our friends have
12. How did you hear about this challenge?