Helping animals in trouble
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Belarus (can be adopted to any location)
Website or social media url(s)
m.me/mazajcares - Assistant
facebook.com/Mazajcares - Official Page
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
I'm a happy owner of 5 dogs an 7 cats - we all live together with my family in a small village near Minsk. My family is very active, as a volunteer, in helping animals who gets in trouble - we try to help them on a local level. I am an IT-specialist, who decided to brings together people who are not indifferent and helps them to interact effectively and make an interactive assistant for this purpose. We are successfully act for 2 years already, using only own resources and donates to develope the project
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Mazaj is an interactive assistant, knowing what to do, in case you lost your pet or you found a homeless animal on the street. It helps to generate an ad and share it in social web. Mazaj is also a community of passionate people who now find it easier to help each other via chat rooms on Facebook Messenger itself. Here you can get advice from veterinarians, find a groomer, photographer, advertising specialist or car help for your pet
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Project uses clever integrations between services to give people positive experience in solving their problem.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
Interactive assistant is a complicated chat-bot which clever uses data
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
We use a chat-rooms to bring together volunteer and specialists
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
People use service to find a lost pet or a home for it. So we know how many of them created an ad, we promote these ads in our community and control the result.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
The assistant itself is ready and active, it needs more resources for promotion - making actions by giving food for example and promotion of each ad that people make
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
The homeless animals in Belarus is still a huge issue, people mostly are not well-organised and act separetly
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
We promote each ad that is posted via our assistant - that a very effective itself. Almost all technical part of it is free, can use more resources when it become more popural, but it's not a big money
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
We are two IT-specialists who does all programming part, all design and PR. It is enough on this stage
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
I will use this opportunity to develop project for it to be more useful
12. How did you hear about this challenge?