Vínculo Interespecie y vulnerables
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Barcelona /Catalunya Growing in rest of Spain
Website or social media url(s)
Enhance physical activity and wellness
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
civil society: a community of citizens linked by common interests
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
Post degree in Anthrozoology UAB University.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The money for paying the bills in veteirnary care.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We are working with locla goverment and other aniaml defense foundation and homelesness foundation por fixc the problems. We are trying to treat them like a normal family. Interespecie Family.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
We are working inside the system changing the vision.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
Inclusivity for vulenrables (homlesness, abused women... is a social isseu to improve. We can use their link in pro of the situation, not against the situation. So they are a family, we have to tace care of them like a family.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
we are working with Barcelona, Madrid and other city councils. So we are getting data for the first time together.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Contacting for those who can change laws and making technical procedures for them.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
We want the society to accept that there are families formed by members of different species and that they should not be treated as a problem but as a peculiarity. Its management is very easy and very economical, you just have to be willing to do it and help those involved.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
It s very cheap. Once you can undertand the link, just little money for veterinary attention.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
We are trying to make the project work inside goverment. They seem interestend to expand in other cities.
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
We are going to pay veterinary bills for homeless people
12. How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others