O'Loty t'invite dans la forêt magique Boreea
Dans ce livre pour les 2 à 12 ans, il est question de la préservation des espèces ainsi que de l'entente entre les êtres, photos à l'appui.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Marina ANCA (pen name)
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
It's a book written in French & English so the message can be spread worldwide. The main character is a cat, lost in the forest who talks with a squirrel (O'Loty) about humans and animals and eventually finds a family.
Leveraging the pet-human bond: YES, it's a book for children
Power of the pet-human bond to promote inclusivity: yes, it's one of the goals of my story
Re-imagining the role of pets: YES pets have always been human's friends and the book reminds that
Website or social media url(s)
I am followed by more than 2000 people https://www.facebook.com/marinaancawriter?ref=bookmarks
Already published in august 2019.
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
My book underlines the care required for saving endangered species with photos
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
civil society: a community of citizens linked by common interests
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
The story began with my finding Kiwie, my cat. It was towards a post on Facebook. I did not plan to have another pet and yet here she is and makes us all happy.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
My book and its message for saving pets do not have enough media coverage for the moment because I have a small means-less publisher.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
That's why I need you (and the prize)!
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
I work with my heart, with my own picture and texts and do not copy anyone, so no "framework".
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
It's the story in itself. This is the introduction: "Somewhere in the magical forest Boreea, a grandfather and his granddaughter were sitting on a bench, in the shade of a hundred-year-old tree. Nobody could see them. However, they could observe everything around them. They were listening to the birds chirping, the leaves rustling and, oddly enough, to a cat talking to a squirrel!
Both the cat and the squirrel had shiny coloured* furs. While the squirrel’s fur reminded the rusty-red of dried leaves, the cat’s fur was mostly white with speckles of grey like the stone on which it was sitting. The little animals were observing each other, without knowing how much they were alike or that they would become good friends, as in the old saying «Birds of a feather stick together».
* “colored” in US English.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
I promote kindness towards animals, education and culture.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
This is my second of three books with animals birds and nature and in June 2020 I will be publishing a 4th one. I'm writing it :)
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
I do not have stakeholders.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
The money I earn I implement in journeys for more photo-material.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
"Me myself and I" so I would like some help media-wise.
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
My cat will be known and I can put pictures wih her or even Purina items in next book!
12. How did you hear about this challenge?