Pet Me Business Model
"To provide a pet adoption culture full of trust, care, and endless love."
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Khobar, Eastern Province
Where are you making a difference?
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Website or social media url(s)
We have no accounts in social media yet.
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
To promote pets adoption culture.
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
We saw a gap in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia market that there is no such entity that provide support for pets lovers to adopt pets in such an easy and convenient way.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
(1) Lack of pets adoption culture.
(2) Lack of tursted entities for pets adoption area.
(3) Complexities in pets adoption.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
To provide a mobile application that could facilitate the pets adoption through the mediation between adopters.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
From the country that Pet Me team came from, the support for technolgy sector is great and huge. Pet Me team decided to leverage this support and create a mobile application and operate within the technological industry.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
Pet Me plan A is to get people attracted in the culture of "pets adoption" by being the easiest and most convenient electronic platform. Pet Me also creates a new safe home for pets in which could save hundred of pet's lives. Our role helps people in Saudi to be more aware of pet's rights and be more empathetic towards pets.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
The effect will surely be first on the life of pets and pet lovers, as our primary goal is to foster a deep culture that the team believes in from the bottom of its heart. The effect that inspires us -the team- is that to let every pet being able to find a new safe home and facilitate the adoption process for pet lovers in Saudi Arabia.
In general, this idea was created in a region with little awareness in the concept of adoption, unfortunately. Therefore, promoting this culture is one of the most important goals that embrace the venture itself and also introducing this culture to individuals who have not heard about it in an easy way.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Pet Me is planning to serve people located in Saudi only. Afterwards, if the idea implemented and had a success, the team is planning to serve countries in the GCC.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
Pet Me creates a value for the society and for the community of Saudi and anyone who lives in Saudi.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
Pet Me will be funded through their six co-founders.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
Pet Me team is built from six innovative students from different field in Business Administration. All of the six students (the six co-founders) are in their last year of college and expected to be graduating in 2020. All of us, Pet Me team, have the joint passion for social services, entrepreneurship, and pets.
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
To deepen the pets-human bonds by being a provider for pets lovers with easy processes.
12. How did you hear about this challenge?
By the Supervisor of Entrepreneurship and Creativity Center in my university.
13. Example: Please walk us through one or two concrete examples of how your solution will solve the problem you’re trying to address.
The benefit or the impact of the proposed venture is beyond facilitating the adoption process in which includes correcting an individual's perception and knowledge of pet adoption and makes the mobile application convenient and appealing to this segment.
14. Mutual Benefit: Explain how your project mutually benefits the pets involved – how is the pet not only used as tool?
First thing, our project’s idea revolves around benefiting the pets in the first place. In more details, we aim to serve as a platform to connect between people who either want to adopt or can’t keep their pets anymore for the purpose of saving the pets and keeping them safe in a way that won’t cause them any difficulties in finding a new place to live. That, and also because we have certain conditions an adopter must meet to be able to have the pet which again, emphasizes the importance of benefiting the pets before the people which eliminates the possibility of using the pets as tools for us to benefit from them. Moreover, we do not sell the pets under any circumstances because we are not aiming to use them but instead, we want to help them find a safe place, filled with love and care, and most importantly, help them find the responsible adopters who will provide all that.
15. Marketplace: Who else is addressing this problem in your environment? How does your proposed project differ from these other approaches?
The environment in which this venture was created contains few competitors which are Riyadh Shelter (RARS) in Riyadh & Hurairah KSA in Jeddah. They are considered to be indirect competitors for Pet Me. Both, are aimed at pets and their services based on pets and adoption notion, yet, Pet Me could be an outstanding due to the variety of pets and due to the unlimited service provision "geographically". In the case of Riyadh Shelter (RARS), it provides such a variety but it is limited to people within Riyadh only. In the case of Hurairah KSA, it is limited to providing only cats. That leaves Pet Me venture the most convenient to people within the whole Saudi regions with all types of pets.