the crowdfunding website dedicated to animals
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
we're focus on several pets projects ; we can see the difficulty of financing projects. We'd like to create a new channel to help people/associations in financing new projects dedicated to pets.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We help raising money for pets projects by communicate to specific targets > pet lovers and companies active in the pets bussiness
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
1. development of the website
2. promotion of the website
3. creation of collaboration with major actors in pet business and pets organizations
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
we'll use social networks to amplify the promotion of our website. Each project created (and validated) on pets.charity will be automatically displayed on major social sites > instagram, facebook, twitter, pinterest, youtube, vimeo, tik tok, ...
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
We'll only promote projects with real social impact, in collaboration with actors active in these fields (associations, foundations, ngo)
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
Our actual community (pet-lovers and pet-families) is 200 K users, and the growth in 55% per year. These people will be our ambassadors for this new project.
Our objective is to collect 500 K CHF for the first year. 5% is used for the webiste, the rest is for the project.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
pets.charity will start in Europe ; we're focused on local project for the first year ; then we'll open to other countries, depending on local collaboration.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
We're focused on "real projects" > people have to see the result of their donation. By this way, they'll be involved in this community and they'll fee as change-makers.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
The first crowdfunding of pets.charity will be .. "pets.charity" > we'd like to build this project with the community !
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
Alex (M)> manager and project development
Camille (F)> communication and coordination with associations
Rachel (F) > content manager
Sergio (M), Ludovic (M) > development
Mikael (M) > design
Vincent (M) > social media
Pooky (D) > coaching and chief happiness officel
(F) = female, (M) = male, (D) = dog...
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
3 benefits :
1. recognition of the project
2. boost our communication
3. boost our marketing and development
12. How did you hear about this challenge?