Police Stray Dog
use stray dog for policy as a factor for reduce the number of stray dog and zoonotic diseases
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Lona Khalid Mahmood
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
reduce stray dogs and also decrease zoonotic diseases
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
government: an organisation that is part of or associated with the formal governing body of a community
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
I have been working on IVSA Organization and also i was participate in IVSA Congress last year in Croatia, that it was really inspired me to improve my ideas. Unfortunately in my country there are no animal rights stray dogs were really ignored and they were attacked and burned by humans. In other hand zoonotic diseases will spread rapidly because of the large numbers of stray dogs that we have.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
In my opinion, stray dog is an effective factor for spreading zoonotic diseases especially in unsecured country like my country! So if we collect them and use them for policy we can control this problem by decrease the number of them and also we could get a powerful dog police. Also they will not stay hungry outside anymore with improve health and welfare of stray dogs!
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
First of all, we have to build a place for dog training and provide good trainers. Next, collect stray dogs as much as we could vaccinate them with health improving. After that, make an agreement with government that they have to use those dogs for policy then we start castrate or spay them to prevent increasing the number, Finally we have to start to train them.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
This idea will work on controlling the zoonotic diseases, help humans to manage security more secure than before, bring stray dogs to the better life than before! increase health and welfare of stray dogs.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
World will be a better place behind this idea! stray dogs will not be abused anymore and they will have food forever, humans get more help from dogs! and they will avoid from so many diseases if the dogs trained under healthy and vaccinated conditions.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
It will help government a lot because government will provide the most secured country for social impact and also he will get a powerful police for free! for business, government or organization can make an agreement all around the world to sale the best trained dogs!
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
by licensing, geographic spread, policy reform.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
before funding i need a professional staff to help me for managing everything. Funding for short term then we will continue to medium and long term.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
as i wrote before , i need a professional staff because there is a little number of people here that they know about dog training. then we will manage board member with all other stuffs.
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
i will give this idea all my times with all my powers talk to government and manage everything in the best and professional way.
12. How did you hear about this challenge?