The boxes in each yard
We want to install animal waste bins in the yards of the city of Chelyabinsk in Russia
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Website or social media url(s)
Fostering emotional intelligence and behavioural competences
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
nonprofit/NGO: an organisation that uses its resources to achieve a purpose outside of creating profit
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
The idea came after a walk with your dog to the store. When I literally had to carry my pet's waste to the store with me. At this stage, urn layouts have been prepared. I was supported by the public organization "For the movement". But there are no funds for the implementation of this project yet.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Trash in the yards, negative attitude to animals, people's consciousness
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We want to install such urns in squares and parks of the city, in the courtyards of high-rise buildings and on playgrounds. We found an organization that can help us set them up.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
For Chelyabinsk, the idea of installation of such boxes is an innovative
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
People who don't have animals often scold people with animals for the garbage they leave in their yards. They develop empathy for animals. If we install such bins, people will clean up the garbage after the animals.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
We have already engaged 17 volunteers to help us install the bins. Developed a layout of the urn. We want to install 50 such urns at the start.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
When we install 50 urns, we will be noticed by the authorities and business. We think they will help us after the start.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
First of all, empathy will disappear in people who do not keep Pets. They will see that urns appear in the yards, and they will also want to get themselves animals.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
One urn costs €120. We want to install 50 urns in 3 months. To do this, we need € 6000.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
Our team consists of 17 volunteers, 3 builders, 1 advertising Manager, 3 welders
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
Conduct promotions together with Pets, so that people love them more
12. How did you hear about this challenge?