Using our network of petcare providers to rescue and rehabilitate street animals in the MENA region, thus creating an adoption culture.
Continuous Awareness Provided through our social media handles
RezQ button on our App will bring a Veterinarian directly to the location of the RezQer.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Yes, I’m eligible
Yes, I’m 18 years old or older
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
Kindgom of Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, Jeddah
Website or social media url(s)
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
Revolutionizing veterinary care for pets
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
for profit: an organisations whose main goal is to make income through business gains
hybrid: a combination of different types of organisations, such as a social enterprise (an organisation that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being)
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
My co-founder and I got a call from a friend that their pet had died in surgery. When we got the details of the operation we realized just how incompetent her vet was. This happened while our fellow vets were struggling to find customers. It seemed clear that good vets didn't know how to get customers, we decided to create vetwork to have a network of great veterinarians and match them with customers desperate to find the right solution for their best friend. Seeing as we are vets ourselves we also wanted to create a community that can promote adoption as street animals in the MENA region are treated horribly and regularly abused.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Building a clinic in Egypt is extremely expensive which is a barrier to entry for a lot of vets. Working at a clinic will pay pennies compared to what you would be making if you owned one and it sets a bad standard of living for vets. Thus, having a clinic has more to do with your capital than with your talent. Vetwork helps talented vets get paid their worth and stay in there profession while helping pets and animals get the care they deserve.
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We match talented vets to pets. Our vets go through a filteration process so that we can ensure their reliability and quality, we then host them as part of our network. When we receive a request we match those vets and send them to the pet-owners home to deliver a checkup or service. This simple mechanism has added a lot of income to the vets allowing them to focus on the vetirinary profession and at the same time has made more people trust Vetwork and make the vet process a lot simpler in their minds. Due to our limited budget we aren't currently able to help street animals directly but we do host the intiaitve that allows people to purchase our services on behalf of those abused animals.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
We are using our platform to locate either Pet animals or stray animals to provide them with the care they may need, one click will bring a Vetted Vet to our doorstep.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
By making Pet Care easier we increase the bond between pets and humans by giving more space for love which in return will increase empathy and help helping people with trauma, abuse, etc.. not having to put extra effort.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
We are getting comments like you've saved my pets life. my kids now are more aware of taking care of their pets. till now we were focusing on getting our business up and running but having a social impact is one of our main pillars .
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
Wearable devices that monitor animals vital biometrics and connected to our App will enable us to keep pets healthier and pet owners happier
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
Available reliable pet care at HOME
Supporting Vets by providing flexible income and education
Decreasing the gap between PetCare service providers and society
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
We have already raised funds from VCs in MENA and ready to scale to new markets once we reach our set milestones in Egypt and Saudi Arabia, We joined 500 Startups and got mentored by world class mentors.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
We are now 14 team members 4 founders (3 Vets and a techie)
Inhouse team of Vets for Cases follow ups
Healthcare service providers manager
Non-Healthcare service providers manager
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
Winning an prize like Purina BetterwithPets Prizewill give us more credibility when talking to all stakeholders, accelerating what we can do and reaching our vision faster in the Region where there are no good understanding of Pet-Humane relationship and then the world
12. How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others