We Help pet owners to take care of his lovely pet & to help all Veterinarians to offer their services, Creating a community of pet lovers.
I confirm that I am fully aware of the eligibility criteria and terms of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize and, based on its description, I am eligible to apply:
Should you be successful, please confirm your availability to attend:
Additional Skype interview(s) during the week of March 16-20th 2020
The Purina BetterwithPets Forum in Paris, on 3-4th of June 2020
Initiative's representative name
Initiative's representative date of birth
Initiative's representative gender
Headquarters location: country
Headquarters location: city
Where are you making a difference?
ZooRest is an online portal that allows users to search veterinary clinics and doctors, book a services or buy an accessories or food and rating the service provider to maintain the quality, our major differentiators are:
-Fast booking engine.
-Free consulting service.
-Quick reply from people of trust
-Free and useful Articles.
-All in One Online store to buy or sell.
-Adoption, Mating, Sale and Missing Section
-We are use technology to make the process faster, easier and safer.
Website or social media url(s)
Re-imagining the role of pets in society
Revolutionizing veterinary care for pets
What is your current yearly budget for the initiative? If you are an idea stage, what early budget you would need to kick-off and run operations in your first year?
hybrid: a combination of different types of organisations, such as a social enterprise (an organisation that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being)
youth-led initiative: organisations, whether informal or formal, created and led primary by young people
1. Founding story: Share a story about the "Aha!" moment that led the founder(s) to get started or the story of how you saw the potential for this project to succeed.
It all began with love, we used to love our pets, and we want to give them the best care ever to cover all pet needs, physical, social and even psychological
The founder of the project faced the problem of permanent waiting in veterinary clinics and requesting services
Also, for general advice, it is not reliable. The answer is only from ordinary people, not doctors from social networking sites, for example.
Hence the idea for safety and reliability, to maintain the comfort of pets and to provide the fastest services.
ZooRest app created to help each pet owner to take care of his lovely pet and to help all services providers to offer their services and communicate in a very modern and decent way.
2. The problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Customers:( Pet Breeder)
-Search for Dr. data & locations
-Long waiting time
-Lack of quick consultation
-Pet food, Toys & Accessories
-Pet Sale, adoption,& mating
Partners: (Doctors –Clinics –Hospitals -Shop owners)
-Get new customers
-Advertising and marketing
3. Your solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We would like to consider ZooRest as a marketplace where pet owners and services providers can communicate conveniently in very modern way using our services such as:
• Getting consultation online
• Free browsing Knowledge base articles.
• Searching for Nearest Doctor using GPS technology.
• Booking online with a doctor or for a service.
• In-app Store to offer pets, accessories, food and other pet's needs for sale or Buy.
• In-app advertising banners and sponsorships packages.
The real strengths of ZooRest are the Team who has a good experience in the Pet breeding market in both the technical and business fields. As a technical team, we have the project management, business analysis skills and experience in building similar web portal applications.
We can deliver the best friendly user experience in the Mobile & web application using the latest technologies.
We have the analytical experience and skills that help us to better understand the market to get more insights about this business. This will save us a lot of time to understand the nature of the market and its working mechanism to develop an effective solution.
4. Innovation: How are you innovating or using unique approaches to solve the problem?
Egypt is not the most pet-friendly country in the world. Pet food is expensive, the parks are scarce, and the general environment of cities is just not animal-friendly.
The Egyptian government considers imported pet products to be luxury products and applies the highest tax on these products. Which has hindered further growth in sales as most Egyptian people cannot afford the much higher prices.
We saw a lot of challenges but we are applying a new business model in the MENA region there is no competitor applying the same business model, so there is no strong barrier to enter the market.
-Our fast booking engine.
-24/7 free consulting service online.
-Adoption, Mating, and Missing Section.
5. How does your project harness the pet-human bond to help people develop important social competencies (For example: emotional intelligence, collaboration, empathy, resilience, inclusivity) and overcome serious societal issues (for example: violence, abuse, trauma, isolation, abandonment)?
By making Pet Care easier we increase the bond between pets and humans by giving more space for love which in return will increase empathy and help people with trauma, abuse, etc.. not having to put extra effort.
6. Impact: how has your project made a difference so far in terms of both business outputs and social impact? How do you plan on measuring progress?
Now we were focusing on getting our business up and running but having a social impact is one of our main pillars.
7. Growth strategies: what are your main strategies for scaling your impact?
The work of linking and socializing between pet breeders, veterinarians and service providers on more than one channel, to keep pets healthier and pet owners happier.
8. Creating shared value: How does your initiative create value for different stakeholders?
Providing care and services for everyone seeking to achieve their goals, And society goals.
9. Financial sustainability plan: can you tell us about your plan to fund your project and how that plan will be sustainable in the short, medium, and long term?
We have already raised funds from Egypt innovate and ready to scale to new markets once we reach our set milestones in Egypt.
Our business and revenue model is based on fermium model which consist of:
• Subscription from Doctors.
• Commission on Booking.
• Direct Selling for Non-medical services coupons and vouchers.
• In-app advertising banners and sponsorship.
• In-app online store premium listing
• Premium accounts for pet owners.
10. Team: what is the current composition of your team (types of roles, qualifications, full-time vs. part-time, board members, etc.), and how do you plan to evolve the team’s composition as the project grows?
We are now 9 team members( 3 founders,1 veterinary doctor, Senior Front & back end developer, 2 Sales, Designer, Video designer )
11. How do you plan to influence your field of work if you are a winner of this edition of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize?
We will be proud of that, Our plan to Winning of the Purina BetterwithPets Prize accelerating what we can do and reaching our vision faster in the Region And an opportunity to reach the world.
12. How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others