Are you a for-profit venture levering technology to increase urban resilience in one of the following categories: The Built Environment (Infrastructure), Sustainable Economies, Food/Water/Waste, or Public Health and Safety? Apply today! Ten finalists will receive an all-expense paid trip to NYC to pitch your venture to thought leaders, funders, and QBE business experts. All finalists will be eligible for mentorship from QBE business experts, and two will receive cash prizes of $75,000 and $25,000.
How do I apply?
Click below on the “Participate” button to apply to the QBE and Ashoka Urban Resilience Challenge. After making your submission, you may revise your entry, and re-submit it until the final deadline of Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 by 5:00 PM EST.
Early Entry Deadline and Prize:
Submit your application by Friday, March 22nd, and you will qualify to win two virtual coaching sessions provided by QBE business experts. Note, winning the early entry prize, does not guarantee that the submission will qualify as a finalist.
Am I eligible to apply?
Before you start your entry, please ensure that you fulfill each of the following eligibility criteria.
- The founding team of your organization must consist of two or more individuals who have at least 50% ownership of the company
- If your product has not launched, you must have a business plan and MVP (prototype, scientific validation of your idea, or another proof of concept)
- Your company must be privately owned and not a subsidiary of another company
- You must have a clear articulation of how your company’s product fosters social impact in your industry and in society at large
- Your product must be based on a new technology or an innovative application of existing technology
- You must not be an employee of QBE or an immediate family member of a QBE employee
- Your organization must not be a QBE Ventures portfolio company
- Your organization must be headquartered and creating an impact in the United States
- You must be 18 years or older
We will offer an informational webinar where we will address frequently asked questions on Thursday, March 7th at 1:30 pm. Register by contacting Ritza Yana, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact Ritza if you have any questions regarding the QBE and Ashoka Urban Resilience Challenge.