Unpopular Opinions Matter
Your personal opinion could help limit littering and impact climate change.
Eligibility: Please confirm you meet all the following criteria
You are aged between 14 - 18 as of August 1, 2020
You live in the United States or its territories
You are not employed by, or directly related (grand parents, parents or siblings) to a current General Motors (GM) or Ashoka employee
You have been working on this project for at least three months
You consent to us possibly featuring your work on social media
You confirm you have the rights to use and share any content uploaded on this entry form
Eligibility: Date of Birth
June 8, 2004
What gender do you identify with?
Help us stay in touch!
Ohio: Canal Winchester (43110)
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Growth (have moved past the very first activities; working towards the next level of expansion)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Mainly the problem is on littering. people tend to throw there blunts or cigarettes on the ground leaving it for it animals that come through them and ingest it increase its possibilities of death and sickness.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
If we were to create these stands for people to choose which opinion they stand with, it would influence them to rather put it in the designated area then on the ground. It also boost the person self esteem and confidence, giving them a chance for there option to be heard.
3. Using STEM as a force of good: Please specify how are you using STEM to solve for an environmental challenge you are passionate about.
STEM would give my team a better chance of expanding this and help solve littering problems that would increase global health problems.
4. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
One day i wa s just passing through instagram and seen the image of this, and like i found it really smart, it’ll get out there to the people and solve problems at the minimum.
9. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Creating more and expanding it internationally to the point it’s actually making a difference.
11. Please share ideas of how you can partner with other changemakers to make a difference?
If our ideas touch base on the same ideas, we can collab and create something better and impactful.
12. How would you engage others who have never heard about your project to get their buy-in?
Through Instagram or social media platforms
13. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Oumou Bah email@example.com
Mamadou Bah 6145560342
Are you employed, or directly related (grand-parents, parents, sibling) to a GM or Ashoka employee?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?
Participated in previous Ashoka challenges
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or General Motors, who was it?