3-D Printed Houses for the Homeless
Let's build low budget 3-D printed houses for the homeless!
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
Living in a low-income community I encounter a lot of homelessness
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Let's build affordable 3-D printed houses
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
We can start by visiting homeless shelters to interview candidates for new housing. The selected subjects will qualify for a new 3-D printed house.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Well this an ongoing project, but I believe it'll be great for many communities. We'll no longer have to walk outside and see helpless individuals sleeping on the street.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
It has helped the unfortunate put a roof over their heads
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
California has 134,278 homeless people, and while the Golden State has the nation's largest population, the rate of 34 homeless residents per 10,000 people was twice the national average, according to the report.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
https://www.iconbuild.com/home we can partner with ICON a growing 3-D printer housing company
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I first brought up this idea to my girlfriend she is supporting me with my journey.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin (for example: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuba, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian) (7)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?