Alternative Lifestyle Brand: Changing mentalities.
Promoting difference is the true way to spark change
My first shirt customization.
another shirt i customized, but needs a few more alterations. The model is my partner, Jamey.
My home town! It will definitely be an inspiration to my brand, along with other parts of my characteristics. Check out the essay i linked in my attachments and picture this.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
Me and my partner Jamey were exposed to different subcultures in high school. We see the power and freedom carried in the communities, as well as the growing disconnect from society and what we believe is the true human purpose. Without the focus on money or the following of social constructs , we could cause the biggest change in society. There will be less cruelty , and less people will be tainted with greed or gluttony. Our lifestyle brand is the first step to the exposure of the new mentality.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The Fashion Brand we're creating is spreading the beauty of the alternative mentality, known to reject the greedy, money centered superficiality apparent in our society today. By making the rebellious mindset known, we can change people's perspective on what a person can do. We could begin to create our own rules, and stop being so influenced by the media.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
This lifestyle brand can begin a chain reaction of people becoming creators of their own destiny .We want to portray the mentality in a fashionable way, causing our target audience to hop on board with the new movement. We already have designs in mind, and with a little more market research we will spread the new mentality.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
The moment a person understands our brand, will be the moment a person is exposed to a new way of living. It will challenge the norm, and that is exactly what we want.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Many clothing brands cater to the desires of the people, but our brand has a message in it. Its not attacking the mass majority, but instead starting at the growing minority.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
If you go on my Instagram, you can see potential customers already liking the style. It has potential. We know who our target markets are and how to advertise it, and we definitely see our brand causing a growth in the new mentality.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
We want to launch a small fall line, and sell it at our places of interest ( where our target market flourishes). This will start of cycle of launching a new line every season, eventually leading to a store that caters and grows the alternative mindset.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
In the simplest terms, we need some money to hire a technical designer and some money to launch our small first line, but we will try to receive other sources of income. We have a little guidance from mentors, friends support and family support, but we would like any guidance we can get to help make the process a little more smoother. We have a minor start up budget and an idea of the business connections to make it a reality.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
Donations between $100-$1k
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
Our brand could always use an extra brain. Tech-savvy people could help, as well as another similar business mind that will help spread the alternative mentality. Although we already do have people in mind that will likely contribute to the growth of the brand, we are still open to changemakers interested in our movement. With the right team, we could cause a powerful shift in the mindset of the majority.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin (for example: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuba, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian) (7)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
@jayversace on instagram