Helping Our Youth & Saving the Environment
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I think back to when I was younger and my mom had bought me a Reese cup. We walked out the store and I wanted that chocolate so bad. I had to have eaten it with in two seconds, but now I find that the third second was the most important decision to make. I found that I had the opportunity to break the environment or heal it. I was so young and in that moment I choose to break it and I threw the trash down the drain. Little did I know that it would effect the lives of us, animals, and most importantly the environment. I want this project that I have to help Baltimore’s youth as well as our environment. To create a youth Rec Center that will teach them not only their passion and gifts, but about the environment and how to help make it better. I feel our youth is the most important part to our future. Baltimore Renaissance could help lead and guide them.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The lack of activities and places to go for our youth. It’s important that we solve this because they are our future. If we aren’t touching them now. When they grow up they can’t help touch no one else or the environment.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Create a Rec Center for the youth to be taught about the environment as well as their gifts and talents.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When we bring the youth to the Rec center they will be groomed in what they love to do. Also have activities that they will be able to come up with creative ideas to help the environment in their fields. Creating the buildingn as eco friendly as possible. Just building up the youth so that they can pass it done to the next generation and so on and so forth.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
The difference about my project is that its going to help grow the children and not just hinder them by just giving them games to play. Of course it will have a gaming center, but majority of the time The Rec Center is going to help them grow in to their passion and help brain storm positive ideas for there future as well as the environment.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I plan to make a difference by just touching the youth and teaching them about the environment. Help coming up with ideas that will build our communities as well as our environment.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Having our local teams and sports figures be apart of it. Having the top people in each field such as Sports, Art, Science, Business and Engineering reach our youth in the fields that they want to be in. While doing that teaching them how they can help save the environment as well.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
Team Members, Investors, Mayor, Space, Website and funding.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
The Rec Center is based off the youth and they are also able to bring their family members Iin once every 6 months to see their growth in their talents. Also for a tour of the facility and see how eco friendly it is, and what changes they can make in becoming more friendly to the environment.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?