Beat the plastic
Millions of plastic bottles and bags end up in our oceans each day. The EPA has $100,000,000+ budget each year. Yet we still see big issues
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
This website isn’t complete yet as it used to be a vape shop
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I see everyone talking about the environment. I’m personally fed up with our bottles being out in our oceans and no one is taking action on it. It’s time for our environments to become clean again. Our governments environmental agency has billions of dollars EACH year and not much changes in our environments. Let’s cut the waste and start being efficient
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Plastic bottles and bags are everywhere in our cities. Roads. And oceans and hurting our animals and our planet. This issue is still around because no one has brought enough awareness, knowledge, and an action plan to solve this.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
First we will sell reusable bags and bottles. And then we are going to start selling hemp paper and toilet paper. Things that are biodegradable. Knowledge is key and also just bringing awareness to the subject can make a difference. It’s a huge battle to be fought
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When you are involved with us you know exactly what you are getting. I want to provide an opportunity to get our planet cleaned up. When you see our brand i want people to know that anything is possible. Dreams can be reality if we just put our minds to it.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Marketing. The willingness to bring awareness to the cause. We will be the brand everyone will see. And when they do they will have a clear picture of what we are about. At that point they can be a part of the solution or a part of the problem
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I’ve told some people about this and they said they think it could go really far
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Expanding, partnerships, bigger campaigns
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
Money. Team members, space
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I think building a community around this project can really make a change. I think environment is a big industry to busy through if it’s done right. It’s just all about getting product out there. Might even want to design a machine that vacuums up plastic bottles and other things kind of like a lawn mower
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?