Beautiful, hand-stamped jewelry for human empowerment.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
October 11, 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Growth (have moved past the very first activities; working towards the next level of expansion)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
We started this organization in the fall of 8th grade. We are three passionate young women who simply want to do our part to work towards a brighter tomorrow. Where to begin?
Before setting up this project, we had another business on Etsy. While we were selling out on our items, and we made over $1,000. Later, we realized that we didn't truly need this money. So, we decided to invest in another business that works with other non-profits for human empowerment. We are working to sell hand crafted jewelry for a cause.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Our current world has so many big issues and it is almost impossible to pick which ones are more important than the others. So why not tackle them all. We chose our theme of human empowerment to recognize the unity that comes with us all being part of one greater race. All humans deserve to live happily, freely, and peacefully with the world and its surroundings. We regularly update our Current Causes with some of the biggest issues of today.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Depending on what the topic is, we plan to work with other non-profits and foundations with similar goals and ideas. The current cause we have chosen is women empowerment, and, on our website we have researched and found places like Days for Girls, Women's Funding Alliance, and Namaste Children's Fund. In the future, we hope to be able to donate the money we make to these foundations and possibly work with them to help others (volunteer work, etc.). We also would like to create awareness about the current issues. We hope people can learn something new from our web page and share it to spread the word about these real problems that exist and the magnitude of them. Simply sharing our website can go a long way.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
If a person or group decides to get involved in our project, we plan to work with them so we can help each other. The main goal for us is to be able to provide donations to an organization based off the amount we are able to make from selling our jewelry. Because jewelry is a creative field, we can collaborate with other groups and organizations to make specific lines of jewelry that correspond with a specific cause we share a passion for as well. For example, if we partnered with a group working for the environment, we can create a line of hand stamped jewelry that would be related to the environment while also keeping a cute and clean look that will interest and attract customers. We would be maintaining our goal of spreading awareness about each issue simultaneously, as each customer would learn about the causes behind the jewelry they purchase.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
There are some huge factors that make our project different compared to other programs.
1. 100% homemade: All of our jewelry is hand crafted in the pacific northwest.
2. 100% profits donated: That number speaks for itself, but it really says a lot about our motives behind starting this organization and our passion to make a change.
3. By creating something like jewelry, it creates a permanent impact. When someone wears a bracelet, every single person that sees that bracelet will hear about the cause behind it. Then, when they purchase their own bracelet, more people will see and ask.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Our project, although in the works, has started its impact already. We've set up booths at maker fests. At these events, we share our ideas and teach others about the problems that we are trying to solve. We have also received a lot of positive feedback from those at the events about how they learned something crazy about the world from our booth. Additionally, on our website, we have a page which we put current world issues on. We include videos, information, and research. This page has been viewed by many and we hope it is able to teach people about the issues in this world.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Our ideas for taking this project to the next level is to start selling our product. We want to offer custom designs, traditional designs, designs based on cause, and many more. We have designed many different pieces and lines of jewelry that we hope to be able to create in the future.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We are looking for funding. We plan to utilize this to expand our organization. In the near future, we want to purchase more supplies in bulk amounts. Our next step is actually selling our jewelry, since as of now we have only created prototypes and tested them. We have a website that we designed and maintain, but we have not added a shop yet because we feel that we need to purchase more supplies and have more resources before opening.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference because we are willing and want to be directly involved in the causes we stand for. We want to do more than behind the scenes work. We love service and innovation and want to interact with it directly. Whether that means actually doing physical labor or sharing thoughts and ideas, we want to be as involved as we possibly can. Being three of us, we have definitely had to learn how to collaborate and cooperate and we believe that those skills will be extremely vital towards partnering with other young leaders.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Asian (for example: Chinese, Filipino, Indian, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Pakistani) (9)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?
T-Mobile page or contact
Word of mouth