Design for Dream
Now Future Is More Inclusive
Ani 22 years old disability dreamed to be a Batik (local indigenous fashion of Indonesia) entrepreneur due to her interest on culture preservation through an entreprise. Same like Erwin, what she dreams had been blocked by the situation before 2 months ago, she became a true Batik entrepreneur with 400 Batik's product sold to the market through the 50 product campaign that designed by Ani to the market (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yE7dtvFCC6cjhQTDA5TXNSanc).
Erwin, 19 years old an aqueduct disability who have an aspiration to be a computer engineer. And he was keen to have his own laptop to achieve career. Sadly, he lived in an orphanage which can't fill his dream. Design for Dream held a crowd helping and succeed to conduct USD 1000 for buying Erwin a laptop and now he's one step closer on what he pursued (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yE7dtvFCC6Nm1sQlczNXV3V0U).
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Growth (have moved past the very first activities; working towards the next level of expansion)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I'm Irvandias Sanjaya from Indonesia and I am stepping up to make change because of Mark Zuckerberg's inspirational story.
He inspired me becuase we have same background in Psychology during in university level, and he showed to the world even Psychology people can make a difference as a changemaker in the world of technology.
I Aspired in Disability world because i have one of a personal story of my friend who is Disable, and due of Disability, he was not brave enough to face the future
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Poverty of Disability
1 out of 10 Indonesian people is disable. 65 million Disable people exist with 75% of them are trapped in poverty and lived in the community/social organization. The high rate of poverty is caused by the policy that still not pro enough for disable to take the formal job.
The existence of Design for Dream is to tackling the high rate of poverty by providing an informal business growth to be an entrepreneur/professional
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Design for Dream is CrowdHelping (Crowdfunding & Marketplace) for Disable people aims to advocate, support, and realize disable's aspiration to be an entrepreneur/professional but faced lack of economic support to be empowered for reducing inequalities. Design for Dream as a crowdfunding has features where user has a variety of ways to do empowerment for disability (Open Donation/Funds donation, Product Campaign/Product buying, Dream Swap/Materials donation) and Design for Dream as a Martketplace offers the marketing & placing for comodities.
Design for Dream as CrowdHelping combines (Crowdfunding & Marketplace) into one integrated system for Disability. How Design for Dream understand the needs of assistance for Disable people. How from Crowdfunding, Design for Dream collect the investment for feeding the Disability's business to grow their commodity. From Marketplace, Design for Dream once again boost up the marketing of their products to be more integrated and easies to be accessed by the buyer.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Erwin, 19 years old an aqueduct disability who have an aspiration to be a computer engineer. And he was keen to have his own laptop to achieve career. Sadly, he lived in an orphanage which can't fill his dream. Design for Dream held a crowd helping and succeed to conduct USD 1000 for buying Erwin a laptop and now he's one step closer on what he pursued (https://bit.ly/2GSY0EX).
Different case, Ani 22 years old disability dreamed to be a Batik (local indigenous fashion of Indonesia) entrepreneur due to her interest on culture preservation through an entreprise. Same like Erwin, what she dreams had been blocked by the situation before 2 months ago, she became a true Batik entrepreneur with 400 Batik's product sold to the market through the 50 product campaign that designed by Ani to the market (https://bit.ly/2GAHgoa).
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
- Design for Dream is CrowdHelping which collaborated (Crowdfunding & Marketplace) which focusing on Disability Economic empowermnet
- Design for Dream is a Financial Technology which more introducing Disability into Technology
- Design for Dream using B2B & B2C business model to encourage stakeholders in the process
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
- 1 Disability orphanage with total of 51 Disable are already being empowered within the Batik business process
- 700 Hundred Batik sold across Indonesia that created by Disability
- Received total of 11.000 USD from Capital sources to support the program
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
- Design for Dream targeting to make new places of Disability empowerment in 5 cities (Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, Bali, and Solo)
- Design for Dream will open more business areas of food & catering
- Design for Dream is on the progress to create a national event program named "Inclusive Summit" with ABGCM (Academic, Business, Government, Community, and Media) involved in terms of creating inclusive environment
- Design for Dream aims to make more than 100 partnership with local organization related to Disability in Indonesia
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
Living in supportive environment is needed to encourage you more. Regarding what type of resources and support that i need to make my vision become reality
- Family support
- Solid & professional team member
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
In 2017, i founded a partnership collaboration within the program of "Indonesian Youth Action" (https://www.instagram.com/youthact.id/) in Indonesia with 9 others Inspiring Indonesian future leader.
Indonesian Youth Action (IYA) is actually a youth led independent forum that initiated by 10 different backgrounds of Indonesian Youth which aimed to upgrade and develop Indonesian future leader's competency for striving a better nation. IYA invites 100 Indonesian Future Leaders to do 3 days of program activities in specific area (in 2017, we run the program in Yogyakarta, but in 2018 we'll do it in Bandung) to create a collaborative space within the ideas of Indonesian future leaders that extracted within the Essay & Social Project.
The story of Indonesian Youth Action is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCAy8An5164
How did you hear about this challenge?