Grab Bag Shack
The Grab Bag Shack is a new organization. Ran by two teenagers. The purpose is to provide food for free to kids who dont have it.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
We do not have any social media handles for our organization at the moment, but here's the link to our website which is under construction also.
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I decided to start this project because of my community. There are kids who go to school hungry and dont have anything to eat. The Grab Bag Shack is going to be a place kids can stop before school for breakfast. They can also stop after school on the way home to get dinner and lunch for the next day.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Im helping solve young hunger in kids. This non-profit organization will help kids not be hungry.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Im planing on solving this problem by making the Grab Bag Shack. It provides kids with the food they need to start a good day.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
People can volunteer to help us serve people. Kids will stop and get food to take home so they can have something to eat. This make sure the kid stays healthy, also so they can have a good day at school. It also benefits the parents because they dont have to worry about their child not having anything to eat and being hungry at school. Kids can now focus on work instead of being hungry all day.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This will be the fist type of organization like this in my community. That was the purpose of me starting this because there is no other solution in my community for this problem.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
So far we have 2 people involved, myself and another person. I hope by spreading this idea this way I can get volunteers to help make a difference. I also ope to expand to different states in the future.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Taking my project to the next level would be by building the shack next to elementary schools with there permission. Also to get more people involved.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I would of course need some funding because its a non- profit organization. I would need some school sponsorship also along with a website. Lastly I would need space for it, this is because we need somewhere to hand out the Grab Bags.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I could also help with some foundations that serve food to the homeless.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin (for example: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuba, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian) (7)
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Native American or Alaska Native (for example: Navajo Nation, Blackfeet Tribe, Mayan, Aztec, Native Village of Barrow Inupial Traditional Government, Nome Eskimo Community) (10)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
T-Mobile page or contact
Word of mouth