Helping Hungry Homeless people one plate of food at a time.
The floor is this man bed, if you look closely it was also raining in this picture.He told me that he only eats something nutritious when good samaritans come around night.
This man lives on the street of downtown Miami and it was raining , he was begging in front of the bodega behinds him.
This man name is Miguel, and he was taking shelter for the rain and said to me he hadn't eat all day, so I gave him a honey bun.
The happiest homeless man I've ever met.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
I want to help feed the homeless one plate at a time.Solving this situation matters because there's food all around us in the USA. It shouldn't be problem feeding the homeless.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We intend to solve this problem by going to small, large restaurants and ask them to donate food. It could be any food, we as volunteers will divide the plate into two section one is the regular food and the other is the deserts. We want this mission to nutritious and delicious.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a person joins this movement we want them to have fun and enjoy the experience of helping someone in need of food.Watching someone dig up trash to look for food in a developed country is not pleasing, but we as a community have to help the helpless.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
My program is different because we are going to get food from places that volunteer to give and also ask to get food from companies that would other wise waste their food in the trash. The programs is mainly focus on the people that live their daily lives on street that sleep on concrete not homeless-shelter.Our plate of food will not only make a difference, the plate itself will be reusable and environmental friendly.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
The project will make a big impact because we want as much high school students and college students to volunteer for community service hours and allow them to be aware of the city they live in.While allowing the homeless people who live in the street not to go to sleep hungry.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
The project can go to the next level in many ways, through technology we can give the homeless wrist band that allow them to go to one of our partner ''eat-in" restaurant and they'll receive their food.Next, we can help the ones that want to get off the street find a local shelter and guide them step by step back to a regular life.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
The resources needed for this vision to become reality are schools,nutrition companies and funding.The first thing we need is to get involve with students service it would allow us to have an abundant amount of team members that donate their time, whether it's one hour or 30 minutes.Next is getting our team members to get to restaurants and any already prepare food business to convince them to donate what they feel they can give to our cause.Lastly, funding is needed to get the team members from one place to another, getting a website and also sponsoring ads to get the community involve in our beautiful cause.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I'm definitely open to other learning approaches because right now the idea is only in the beginning stage.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?